• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

making a murderer

max021

Inactive
Reaction score
i was just wondering if anyone as watch the netflix documentary serie Making amurderer about the Avery Case

What do you think of it

I was just wondering if anyone has watched the Netflix documentary series Making a Murderer, about the Avery case?

That should make it a little easier for people to figure out what you're talking about. Proper capitalization, punctuation, spelling and grammar are requirements for posting on this site, not suggestions.

It lost my interest in about 5 minutes.  For me, it's not worth the empathy I would have to invest in watching anymore of it.

It was quite slow at time and presented in a bias point if view. but i think he could have done it

max021 said:
It was quite slow at time and presented in a bias point if view. but i think he could have done it

True, but there was definitely reasonable doubt that he had nothing to do with it.  I would have loved to see the jury deliberation.  There's no way I could hold my hand over my heart and say he didn't do it, but conversely I couldn't say he did either.

For me the issue isn't even whether or not he or his nephew are guilty or not. It's more about the issues with the judicial and legal system in that county and how this biases and errors played into the whole ordeal.

Strike said:
For me the issue isn't even whether or not he or his nephew are guilty or not. It's more about the issues with the judicial and legal system in that county and how this biases and errors played into the whole ordeal.

Exactly. His innocence isn't the point. The miscarriage of justice and "presumption of innocence" for the Averies is what they were trying to showcase, in my opinion.

Outside of that: I did a bit of outside research after the series and there are some pretty incriminating pieces of evidence that weren't shown in the Netflix version. I don't think Steven did it, but I think it was someone on the property.

There were a lot of key pieces of evidence that were brought into question simply because the Manitowoc Police Department was involved and in my opinion, rightfully so. There was a serious conflict of interest and they should have been nowhere near the case.

Aside from the innocent woman that lost her life, what I find most tragic is sixteen year old Brendan Dassey being caught up in it all. Anyone that watches the recording of his confession can see that he has no real understanding of the situation he is in or the consequences of what he says. To me that video looks like investigators are feeding him details and pressuring him to give the answers they want to hear. Also, the way his defence attorney tried to throw him under the bus so that he could be used in the prosecution of Steven is yet another example of injustice. He should have been given another trial on that point alone.

The documentary is obviously biased. As Shielainthevalley said, there is incriminating evidence that they chose to leave out in the documentary. I believe it was possible that Steven did it, but I also believe it is possible that he didn't.

An interesting documentary to be sure, the blatant bias notwithstanding. It's disappointing that the evidence was not presented in a fuller manner.

The interrogation of Dassey blew my mind. The ruling on its admissability even more so. Kids are terrible witnesses, even more so if there are cognitive delays. His entire statement should have been ruled inadmissable.

All said and done, I think Steven Avery did it. A lot of the evidence not in the show leads in that direction. He's clearly not all there, but yet does have a pretty experienced and nuanced view of certain parts of the justice system.

Being in that jury room would have been neat...

I love how Avery's ex-fiancee says in an interview that Steven hasn't an evil or misguided bone in his body, yet I keep going over in my mind just which bone it was that allowed him to drown a cat in oil and light it on fire.... not that this a precursor to malevolent behaviour... or altar boy behaviour...

What blew my mind is the number of  person that signed that petition that was deliver to obama asking for avery case dismissal ,it really shows that alot of people are just fine making their mind on spoon feed information.I also taught about the Albach family i had to be hard for them to watch such a bias documentary were their lawyer are portrait as corrupt and out to get the Avery.I also think that Steven Avery should have receive more then 400 000 for the 18 years he spent in jail thats 22.222 a years that ridiculous .But i do understand that he had no choice to accept in order to pay for is lawyers

Aug 12, 2016

US court orders 'Making a Murderer' nephew be released
http://www.680news.com/2016/08/12/us-court-orders-making-a-murderer-nephew-be-released/
A federal court in Wisconsin has overturned the conviction of a man found guilty of helping his uncle kill Teresa Halbach in a case profiled in the Netflix documentary “Making a Murderer.”

Back