• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Major problems with the online application!

Gunshark said:
It is probably just a number for your application, hence the 'A'. I was given my Service Number on the day I wrote my CFAT. That is probably when you will get yours.

The "A" is an indicator for "Applicant" and is used as part of the processing.  When dealing with your respective CFRC, you should always include this number with any emails or correspondence.  Once you wrie the CFAT, then you are assigned a Service Number but I would recommend to still usse the  "A" number so as not to confuse matters...

Hmm interesting. I'm usually asked for my SN every time I ask for my application status at CFRC Toronto.

Gunshark said:
Hmm interesting. I'm usually asked for my SN every time I ask for my application status at CFRC Toronto.

Both will work but sometimes when an applicant provides a SN, there is always the chance that they are misinterpreted as having prior service.  Makes no difference though...what ever works!

Ok so I got an email back. I'm pretty sure that it's meaning that our applications were processed, but because it says the dates and next required documents are blank that we missed this fiscal year. (Or in my case lacked the requirements I didn't know about)

My email said:

"Good day,

Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Forces (CF).  This email is to confirm the receipt of your application and required documents and to inform you that your applicant file is now complete.

Please note that your occupation choice (Combat Engineer and Infantry Soldier) are currently unavailable for intake however, we will hold your file open at this location for one year from the date of application in the event a position opens up.

Unfortunately, you do not have the required Gr. 12 Chemistry or Physics in order to be eligible for Construction Technician.

If you have any questions regarding your file, please feel free to contact us at the number below.

Sincerely,
XXXXX"

So it's not all bad. Gives me time to either upgrade my schooling for Construction tech, or get more competitive for my other two choices.

Guess that means better luck next year for us, time to pump more iron, hike more mountains and go for many, many more runs. Best of luck guys!
All you guys in the forces already are going to have to wait another year for me to show you guys up on the running track  :salute: (I joke, I joke)
Cheers  :cdn:

Hello,

I applied to the Canadian Forces online, and a couple weeks ago when I tried to log on to the website I got a message saying "Your access to the Canadian Forces Recruiting Online Employment Application has been disabled." I assume this means that my application got sent to the recruitment center, Edmonton in this case.

Should I call the recruitment center and see if they got my application, or should I just wait for them to contact me?

Jschamber said:
Hello,

I applied to the Canadian Forces online, and a couple weeks ago when I tried to log on to the website I got a message saying "Your access to the Canadian Forces Recruiting Online Employment Application has been disabled." I assume this means that my application got sent to the recruitment center, Edmonton in this case.

Should I call the recruitment center and see if they got my application, or should I just wait for them to contact me?

I would suggest calling or emailing North Bay and asking for a "status update".  The information that you are receiving when trying to login could be any number of things.

Have you by any chance applied at any time (either online or otherwise) in the past?  If it helps, this happened to me as well.  I was told then that it was because I had more than one application within a certain amount of time (original app. was in 2006, then I applied again in 2011) Because of this, they had to combine everything and I was no longer able to access my account or see status updates as normal via Internet.

If that's not the case, as DAA said you can call, because there may be any number of issues. It might even be better to anyway, because I'm sure you have other questions. I had several after I initially applied, and there's lots of information here also. Good luck!

I haven't applied any other time. This was my first.

I gave the recruitment center in Edmonton a call, and left a message on their answering machine yesterday. No call today, but I'll call them back tomorrow.

Try not to worry if they don't call back right away. Sometimes it can take a few days. You'll probably read that most are usually pretty swamped. That being said, I'm in Ontario. I'm not sure what it's specifically like your way, but I would assume it's probably the same...In any event, in the next however-long it takes you to get hired, you'll learn patience is truly a virtue! :nod:

Well, it's been more than a month, and I haven't heard anything from either the online recruiting place, or the CFRC in Edmonton, so I was just wondering on the status of my application. If the CFRC doesn't have any information on me, it'll take a long while to get recruited.

I don't recall exactly, but I remember it taking a while for my file to be transferred from place to place in the beginning. I want to say about 7 weeks until it was assigned? But don't quote me on that, because I really don't remember anymore. You can look at the 'Application Process Samples' thread to get a greater general idea of time frames. Other users can also give you more specifics since some have greater knowledge of what takes place in that area. 

By all means give them a call, but I just wanted you to know to not to get discouraged if long periods of time go by without hearing much. And yes, it could take a long time, unfortunately. Some people get hired quickly, while others take much longer. Lots of factors individual to each file, what job you want, etc.  All I can say is that there seems to be several more stories of it taking longer than it being quick...

Jschamber said:
Well, it's been more than a month, and I haven't heard anything from either the online recruiting place, or the CFRC in Edmonton, so I was just wondering on the status of my application. If the CFRC doesn't have any information on me, it'll take a long while to get recruited.

Did you ever receive an email from Online Recruiting telling you that your file has been transferred to Edmonton?  If not, then Edmonton won't be able to help you.  Just email  jobs@forces.ca  , quote your applicant ID # and ask them for a "status update" on your file and you may want to include a contact phone number in case they want to get intouch with you.  It's as simple as that.....

Hey guys I applied online about a year ago and now when I try to apply online again all I get is APPLICATION DATA
Status Information
Date Last Used
2014/01/18 18:19

I'm pretty sure after I applied a long time ago they were asking for certain documents, I'm wondering what those documents are and where do I send them to. Also will the application I used last year be the one they use or do I have to re apply?

Your online application is only good for I believe 3 months.  If you don't send in your supporting documentation ie birth certificate, transcripts etc than it gets tossed.

then how do i re apply? because i can't find an option to apply again on the website

Juniorz said:
Hey guys I applied online about a year ago and now when I try to apply online again all I get is APPLICATION DATA
I'm pretty sure after I applied a long time ago they were asking for certain documents, I'm wondering what those documents are and where do I send them to. Also will the application I used last year be the one they use or do I have to re apply?

Just re-apply online again  ----->  http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100    You don't need to send any documents, just re-apply.

aquaholic75 said:
Your online application is only good for I believe 3 months.  If you don't send in your supporting documentation ie birth certificate, transcripts etc than it gets tossed.

Wrong and wrong.  Your first application is the only good one, after that, every future application is only considered an update to the first.  And NONE of them, ever get thrown away.......

well, Hello everybody,
this is my first post in the forum but i've been reading through all the here for the past month and found tons of useful info here so far. so, THANK YOU all for that!
i've been trying to log in to the online application to check my application but i've noticed that I keep getting the same error (Authentication Failure: Authentication with SecureKey Concierge or Government of Canada's GCKey service was not successful. Please retry or select an alternate credential.) every time i try to log in. i've tried different computers and different browsers but still getting the same error, any idea??  :salute:

From a fellow new user, welcome!

I have also been having this problem. I called the GCKey assistance line and they told me the DND site is not working properly (Forces.ca too) after they ran maintenance over the weekend. (AKA, somebody made a booboo). She couldn't tell me how long it would be down for!

It's getting pretty frustrating, especially now that my local RC doesn't accept paper applications. Hopefully it won't take too much longer!

Good luck with your application :)

ShadyBrah said:
I have also been having this problem. I called the GCKey assistance line and they told me the DND site is not working properly (Forces.ca too) after they ran maintenance over the weekend. (AKA, somebody made a booboo). She couldn't tell me how long it would be down for!

That about sums things up.  There are some server issues which the CF is aware of an are currently being addressed but in the meantime, all you will see is the "Authentication Failure" error screen.

No idea on when this will be resolved, so be patient.

Back