• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mail that doesn't make it there in time - Blackdown CTC

Lexi

Inactive
Reaction score
While I was at Blackdown doing Basic a certain somebody sent me a package of sentimental value... unfortunately I came home before it got there. Alas, I'm worried I'll never get to open said package.. which would be horrible.  :'(

When/if the package does reach its destination, what'll happen to it? I'm hoping it'll somehow find it's way to where I am... or is there a chance that, in the event of a return address, it is returned to the sender?

Thanks for your help,

Lex  :)

Call the Operations Office at Blackdown.

:-\ Yea.. I would much like that mail to somehow end up in Alexa's Hands and not sit in some pile in the middle of no-where. Does anyone have the number for the Operations Office at Blackdown?

Base phone is (705)424--1200. I assume if you stay on the line there, the operator will be able to help you out.

The Crowe,

Two questions:

The first one, which I deem more imortant that any I 've ever asked here. Regarding you avatar. Where are you and, the second, who's chair are you sitting in? It looks very familiar

recceguy said:
The Crowe,

Two questions:

The first one, which I deem more important that any I 've ever asked here. Regarding you avatar. Where are you and, the second, who's chair are you sitting in? It looks very familiar

I am in the Sgt's Mess at the James Street Armories (Second floor, right up the staircase next to the gun storage). As to who's chair? I'm not sure who's chair it belongs to.. But I'm going to take a stab and assume the Ranking Person!

The Crowe said:
I am in the Sgt's Mess at the James Street Armories (Second floor, right up the staircase next to the gun storage). As to who's chair? I'm not sure who's chair it belongs to.. But I'm going to take a stab and assume the Ranking Person!

Wrong... it's my chair.

Mwahahahaha.  ;D

I'm wondering if anyone knows about mail being sent to barrie before going to borden.. I've been paying for express post so that it gets there in three days, but when i track the package online it shows that it got to barrie and then ships out and takes like another week to get to the borden base.  maybe if i just sent it regular post it would go straight there?? Or does it have to get cleared first?? anyways, if anyone knows thats would awesome, thanx, niki

Kyle Burrows said:
Call the Operations Office at Blackdown.

First of all Blackdown Operations only run's in the summer for 8 weeks so don't try that number no one is home.

About the mail:

On your joining instructions it state's the cut off date for mail coming into CFB Borden (Blackdown) usually on the fifth week.

From the Cadet joining instruction's

http://www.central.cadets.forces.gc.ca/blackdown/join_e.html#faq1

. What is the mailing address for cadets attending summer training?
The mailing address for Cadets attending summer training is:
Cadet given name and initials, surname,
" __________ " Coy/Sqn
"______" Platoon/Flight
Blackdown Army Cadet Summer Training Centre
PO Box 1000, Station Main
Canadian Forces Base Borden
Borden ON   L0M 1C0
Please do not use your Cadet Corps Rank.

Mail should not be sent after 08 August 2005.

LEXI ask Capt Sara to help you out she is with the RHLI Cadets I think

If you need to find your mail ask your CO to contact the Chief Clerk for Blackdown CTC through there CDT Det.

Cheers

Primer,

At the time of my post, Blackdown was still in "summer camp" mode.

Also, she was on the 2 week basic course I assume from the post date.

Back