• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for Info on MAT TECH, ACS TECH, HULL TECH

PatrickM

Inactive
Reaction score
I've been with the Reserves for three years now, this April I'll be graduating from college with a diploma in Welding Engineering Technology (3 yrs program).  I'm 25 yrs old and looking at my options for related trades in the Reg Force, and I'd appreciate hearing from anyone in above listed occupations for some information and opinion on their trade.  I know all three trades have limited entry, but my education goes a long way to taking care of several POs judging by the info from the Recruiting site.  Also if any recruiters read this I'd be interested in finding out if that college diploma qualifies for a signing bonus of any kind.  Thanks in advance.

PatrickM said:
I've been with the Reserves for three years now, this April I'll be graduating from college with a diploma in Welding Engineering Technology (3 yrs program).   I'm 25 yrs old and looking at my options for related trades in the Reg Force, and I'd appreciate hearing from anyone in above listed occupations for some information and opinion on their trade.   I know all three trades have limited entry, but my education goes a long way to taking care of several POs judging by the info from the Recruiting site.   Also if any recruiters read this I'd be interested in finding out if that college diploma qualifies for a signing bonus of any kind.   Thanks in advance.

While you diploma may allow you to bypass (to be determined by the applicable trade school) some portions of the training it will not entitle you to any incentives or bonuses.   The only trades that are getting bonuses are NCI OP, NE TECH (A), NE TECH (T), FCS TECH, and SIG OP.   The only trades that are eligible for incentives (higher entry rank, bypass trg etc.) and if you have the applicable diploma and/or training level (QL 5) are MP, NE TECH (C), ATIS TECH, LCIS TECH, MRAD TECH, DENT TECH, MAR ENG MECH, VEH TECH, NES OP and SONAR OP.

hull tech and acs tec are spec pay  mat tech is not

If you are looking for info on trades, visit www.dnd.ca and look under careers.

Cheers

Thanks for info so far.
Been to the Career profiles section of the recruiting page already thanks.  I understand the basic role of each of these positions.  What I really want to hear is some firsthand knowledge about those trades.  Kincanucks thanks for clarification.

Back