• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for a watch

Fusaki

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Within the next few days I‘m going to buy myself a new watch. I‘m leaving for basic soon and I don‘t really want to risk getting my dressy analog one mashed up and scratched. Can anyone suggest a good sports watch? Are there any features I should look for? What kind of watch are you wearing right now?

Thanks!!

Or if like me that‘s out of your price range for the moment I‘d suggest a G-Shock, which is made by Casio. It‘s probably the most rugged watch out there which is why I‘m going to take it with me to the field when I do my QL2 in July.

If you are doing anything that involves beating or alot of wear and tear. G-Shock would be the best way to go. I had a drab green G-Shock, and it went through a lot of beatings. Then i got a new watch that had cooler features, so i just gave my G-Shock away to a friend. It still was in perfect condition, just had some scuff marks and scratches.

A $30 Timex from Walmart or Zellers is probably the best way to go IMO. If you‘re really gunhoe, you can get one of those cool Canadian Peacekeeper covers for it, so it doesn‘t get scratched up

Look for one that has a green or black band/face, and an alarm. Also get one with a light and try to get one with large numbers, makes it a bit easier to see what time it is at o‘dark thirty when you‘re on sentry and waiting for shift change time. :) I got my "field watch" at the Zeller‘s in Pembroke last summer after I got to Pet and realized I hadn‘t packed my old field watch in my kitbag.
Don‘t blow a ton of money on it either, about 10 troops my course lost their watch in the field on my QL3.

I just got one from the timex warehouse store for 19.99 (MSRP 74.99). They‘ve got a ton different models and they‘re all at least 50% off. It‘s in Markham though so it might be too far out of your way....

Wear a ****e watch because it is going to get beat. I‘ve got a POS Timex that I bought from the CANEX and it has lasted through 2 ops and many nights in the field.

I would definately go for what CFL_Lui said and get the Cdn Peacekeeper watch cover.
a - it will protect your watch
b - it is in a camo colour
c - covers reflection (big one that ppl don‘t usually think about)

just my $.02

Back