• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Logistik Unicorp

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sharpey

I searched the previous threads and havn't come accross my thoughts on this, so I will post and hope for the best.

Yes it's fine and dandy that we can order DEU items, but why not operational equipment? I'm not talking Gortex Jackets and Iltis tires, but items that wear easily, ie sock system, gloves, gitch, scarves, toques, t-shirts, etc...

Peoples arguments: go to your QM

My argument: you can do the same for DEU items.

Any info?

as far as i know, logistik unicorp has only DEUs.  try going to www.canadianpeacekeeper.com to try getting combat-related stuffs.

i got my name tags thru that site.

Gitch, socks and tshirts can be had at the QM. Reservists are entitled to an issue once a year. I just got mine. Socks have to be exchanged ::)

I'd imagine that the reason is that they don't want surplus operational clothing floating around - bad for security.

recceguy said:
Gitch, socks and tshirts can be had at the QM. Reservists are entitled to an issue once a year. I just got mine. Socks have to be exchanged ::)

serious, I was told, one time issue for reservists on those.

Why would you buy them, when you can get them issued? And no, it's not a one time thing, someone's screwing with you if they're telling you that. Get them to show you where it's written and put the onus on them. If they keep stonewalling redress it. They may ask for the old ones in exchange, then bin them, but who cares. Why would you want more than your entitlement anyway?

In agreement with recceguy, with exception of what you can buy online, everything else is exchangable at your clothing stores.

You are not supposed to buy it.

The QM in Pet as far as I know used to sell things like boxers and t-shirts.  You could get your entitlement re-issued, but when I asked for 5 new t-shirts, they sold 'em to me for $2 each.  Not sure if they were abusing the system or what, but I didn't mind paying $10 for 5 t-shirts....

Cost for the OD t-shirts is 3 bucks "ish".  If you got them for 2, that is like money in the bank for you.  I am a little bit unsure about the exchange of the new stuff on a one for one.  I am forever doing a huge stock taking of all my kit to find those black liner socks to satisfy the kit list requirements.  I wear Merino wool in my boots only, and so as of tonight I only have three of those black socks with the red rim.  Now I wish, instead of blowing a couple of hours searching for the other seven, I would love to go into clothing stores and just buy 4 new pairs.  But one for one.  I will just have to fill in the old lost kit report.  I pity the clothing people that have to take back the underpants and liner socks.  Maybe they should have an amnesty box at the entrance of the QM to deposit those things.

So what's the bizarre concept of one for one exchanges anyway? I've seen people turn in their well used long underwear for a new pair. Next to skin items are not reissued from what I understand. So if it's a throw away anyway, what is the reason for showing proof you have the item and bringing it in? Especially for the items we are apparently entitled to each year. I would love to find written proof of that as I am unable to exchange a simple set of combats right now because they arn't see through, but yet they are white as my winter whites and had to sew the pocket almost completly back on. Oh but if I was female, I would have no problem...yes I experienced that one last night! Argh! Ok, that's a different rant, I'll stop right here.

The reason for bringing in your used T's and Underwear is to stop abuse of the system. soem people like to get more than their alotment and take away from the rest us. If your combats are worn well that's life. we all have three sets one would assume that at least one pair is serviceable. Sewing is part of being a soldier. A ripped pocket is not a good reason for exchange.

You should not be able to get more than your allotment as the amount issued to you is tracked by the system and everytime you draw replacement you must sign for it.  My unit does not require turn-in of NTS items for this reason.  Even if you don't require it you should draw the replacement socks/underwear/t-shirts anyhow as they make lots of sense when keeping a bug-out bag packed.

Take care, be safe,

Blake

Next to skin items SHOULD not be re-issued, but I know for a fact that this is not always the case. When I got my initial kit issue a few years ago, I got long underwear (waffle type) with someone's name on them.

When i was issued CADPAT everyone got a brand version new air force approuved combats.  Well I got pre-whitened old combats  :'(

[/rant]

Posthumane said:
Next to skin items SHOULD not be re-issued, but I know for a fact that this is not always the case. When I got my initial kit issue a few years ago, I got long underwear (waffle type) with someone's name on them.

You got underwear? I didnt!

Sharpie said:
I searched the previous threads and havn't come accross my thoughts on this, so I will post and hope for the best.

Yes it's fine and dandy that we can order DEU items, but why not operational equipment? I'm not talking Gortex Jackets and Iltis tires, but items that wear easily, ie sock system, gloves, gitch, scarves, toques, t-shirts, etc...

Peoples arguments: go to your QM

My argument: you can do the same for DEU items.

Any info?

Actually, I'm starting to kind of dislike the whole website ordering system because it's screwing up the way the established supply system works.  Putting the load for issue of DEU onto a cicvilian company is reducing our ability to easily draw stores from QM.  I went into clothing stores the other day to try and buy a few long sleeve CF shirts.  Not only did they not have a single shirt of my size in stock, but I was told that they wouldn't be able to sell any to me if they did, as it would be infringing on Unicorp's contract for them to do so.  Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think you should be able to get clothing at clothing stores.

willy i totally agree with you on what you said.
this is what is taken from logistic unicorps site

Clothing Online is a National Defence initiative to trial the purchase and direct delivery of CF non-operational Clothing Upkeep Allowance (CUA) Items from the supplier to your home or place of work through the Internet. It is designed to bring you the convenience and personalization of Internet shopping, saving you the time and effort of travelling to Clothing Stores. In the process, it will make Clothing Stores more efficient.

i still dont like the idea of a civy company taking over.... whats next?

Alternate Service Delivery at its best.

Actually I find the service quite efficient, I order online at work, and 3 days later its at my door.... no trips to base qm for a item that they may or may not have. You measure yourself, and your last measurements are kept on you profile so there is no doubt on sizing.

And if you need tailoring, your free to choose a base tailor of pay for one yourself....

Wheres the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back