• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

List of recruitment numbers?

Labtc

Inactive
Reaction score
Before posting this I did a search, but to be honest I have no idea what to search for...

Is there anyway to find out how many people were recruited for each trade (including officers) each year, or fiscal year if that's how it's done? I'm sure the numbers are out there somewhere, just not sure where to look, or if they're available to the public.

If anyone knows where to look thanks in advance.

Is there a specific reason you wish those total numbers?  I am always somewhat sceptical about motives whenever one qualifies statements or requests with comments such as "or if they're available to the public".  Whether the information you seek is openly available on the internet is another matter; however, if you are seriously in need of this information, it can be requested from DND by submitting an Access to Information request.

http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/aip/index-eng.asp
Access to Information and Privacy

The Access to Information Act is one way that Canadian citizens, people who live in Canada, and corporations resident in Canada can access federal government records that are not of a personal nature.

The Privacy Act is one way that Canadian citizens or other people present in Canada can access federal government records that contain their personal information.

At this web site, the Department of National Defence provides information to help the public gain access to government records by using the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act. This site contains contact information, request forms and other useful information, including a summary of many of the Access to Information Act requests to which the department has responded in the past 5 years. Please note that the summaries reflect the tone and wording used by the applicants, including any assertions of fact or conjecture.

It is possible that someone has already requested the information you seek and that request has already been processed.  It, therefore, may be more readily available.

Completed Requests

The following is a summary of Access to Information requests processed by the Department of National Defence. The list is not all-inclusive. Requests such as those that did not result in the release of any records or that contain primarily personal information of the original requester are not posted. The requests are displayed by the year and the month when they became available for public release. The records will be disclosed in the form that they were released under the Access to Information Act including format, language(s) and any exemptions or exclusions that were applied at the time of release.

If you wish to obtain a copy of the records released in response to these requests informally, you may write to us at the following address:

Director Access to Information and Privacy
National Defence Headquarters
Major-general George R. Pearkes Bldg.
101 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, ON K1A 0K2

Or send us an email at . . . .

There was one completed request (there may be more) that may be applicable to your query.  I'll leave the digging for the file number to you.

Annual statistics on Canadian Armed Forces recruits  from 2006,2007, 2008 and 2009

I was just curious what the recruitment trend was like. Next year is my final year of university and I'd like to apply when I finish, but after reading these forums for the past few months it seems like there's many more people applying then there are positions available. Mostly I was just curious as to how many people generally get accepted for what positions, and if it's seems to be a constant generally predictable number for each trade or if the numbers are all over the place. Like take for instance an armored soldier, do they usually hire between 40 and 50 a year, every year, or is it more like 10 one year, 90 the next, and 0 the year after that (those are just random numbers, I have no idea if they are close to reality or not). Just thought it would be interesting to know how many people get hired each year. Also if the statistics list the number of applicants for those positions as well as those who received an offer it may help those people who right now have their applications completed and are waiting for an offer know what they're up against in terms of competition.

And thanks for the help, I'll dig around a little bit and see what I can come up with.

Well if you have been reading, then you should be well aware that the list of trades opening will be coming out soon. I suggest you check out forces.ca in the near future.

Back