• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lincoln and Welland

Arnold

Inactive
Reaction score
Is anyone here from the Lincoln and Welland regiment I was wondering because I might be going to university in st Catherines and that seems to be the Infantry unit stationed there I was just wondering if anyone had any information they could share or any contact info for there recruiters such as the email address so I can talk to them about a possible unit transfer.  Anyways thanks for your help.

Ask about the transfer through your current unit's BOR. They will set things up.

The Lincs are a solid unit. and you will probably parade at Lake St. Armoury in St. Catharines. Unless you wind up living close to Welland, but if you're going to Brock that will be a bit of a commute.

I'm with the Linc's... If you want to talk to someone ahead of time, contact Sgt. Caudle, he's the senior NCO of recruiting at the unit and a bang on guy, can hook you up no problem. We actually have quite a few different guys from units all over the place with us, even an MCpl Engineer and people from as far away as Peteborough. You'll enjoy your time with the Lincs and Winks.

Goodluck,
Joe

Hey we will be glad to have ya, I am current PMC of the Jr's mess at the Lincoln and Welland Rgt. I will try and hook ya up with the E-mail address you need .
dutchknight

Sounds great if you could hook me up with the email that would be great.  Ether way I will end up at the very least attaching to your regt in the fall school semester.  Also in some of my research I learned that the unit is allied with the Bermuda regt  (among others) and I heard through the grape vine that this meant there is training that sometimes occurs in Bermuda for members of the unit?  Also is there anyother interesting drawing points of the Lincoln and Welland regt that anyone would be able to share with me?  I did hear that you guys were a really good time when it comes to mess.  Anyways thanks alot for all of your help

This is the unit website some good info here if you are interested !  :army:

http://www.iaw.on.ca/~awoolley/lincweld.html

This is the email address for our recuiting office  L&Wrecruiting@forces.gc.ca

excellent thanks for the help.  I was talking to some people who said that the lincs have captured American colours?  I was wondering if that was true?

Yes that is a possibility, also we can trace our roots back two hundred plus years. We also have our own museum In Naigara-on-the-Lake. If you ever get the chance go see it. 

Awesome I will try to make my way out to the museum at least once when I get down to St Catherines.

Well thanks for the help the plan as it stands right now is to see if your unit will accept an attachment do u have the phone number for the BOR down there?

Arnold:

A Private in either Captain John Rowe's Company or Captain Robert Hamilton's company of the 2nd Lincoln Regiment captured an American regimental colour at the Battle of Queenston Heights, 13 October 1812.The colour is now in the Museum at the Royal Hospital, Chelsea. The capture is documented in both the Journal for Army Historical Research (Vol 7, 1928) and the diary of Sir John Beverley Robinson, who was a young officer at the battle.

That is a really cool piece of history thanks.  I bet the members of the unit are tremendously proud of that flag.  Correct me if i am wrong but i don't think there are any other reserve units with captured colors?

I beleive that the capture of an enemy regimental colour is unique in Canadian military history -- either regular or reserve.

As I noted, the colour is in the Museum at the Royal Hospital at Chelsea, London, England. It is the property of Her Majesty, as it was sent to England as part of the booty taken at Detroit and Queenston. There are thoughts amongst the historical community here in Niagara to arrange for a loan for the events in 2012.

Arnold said:
Sounds great if you could hook me up with the email that would be great.  Ether way I will end up at the very least attaching to your regt in the fall school semester.  Also in some of my research I learned that the unit is allied with the Bermuda regt  (among others) and I heard through the grape vine that this meant there is training that sometimes occurs in Bermuda for members of the unit?  Also is there anyother interesting drawing points of the Lincoln and Welland regt that anyone would be able to share with me?  I did hear that you guys were a really good time when it comes to mess.  Anyways thanks alot for all of your help

It's funny you mention we have a good time in the mess! We have another somewhat known name also, "Drinkin' and Swellin'!"....
>:D
Hope to see you in the Fall,
Joe

Well yes your reputation does follow you up to 33 brigade.  I am still looking for the number for your ops to ask about an attachment?

Although I don't know the specific # to the BOR I can give you the main number for the Regiment which provides all the extensions etc...

905-685-6777

Give that number a shout and it will start yakkin' off all the extensions to you.

Hope we see you come Sept

Great thanks for the number I will be giving your guys a shout.  By the way where do you do your training for ex and what not?

Arnold said:
Great thanks for the number I will be giving your guys a shout.  By the way where do you do your training for ex and what not?

Well, quite a few different places actually, we try to take advantage of a lot of the Niagara Region really... I don't want to post exactly where they are all out on here but we have one spot for field type training along the Welland Canal, very good secluded spot. Another spot is an old broken down factory in a field in an adjacent city, and we use a lot of civilian and civic buildings when possible for the Three Block war training and stuff...

It's a good go!

don't mean to bring up a two year old thread but I always get yelled at for making my own.  :-\

I'm going for my TIM day in Hamilton on December 2nd, 2008 and was wondering if all goes well what are my chances really? Are they strict on who the take in? I heard that the next course starts in January, too.

It'd be nice to hear some info. on all this because the web doesn't have much on the Lincoln and Welland regiment.

Back