• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lie Detector...

G

G3RM

I was watching a movie the other night, I forget the title of it, but it was with a ex-marine who was being courtmarshelled for murder and what not. During the movie some extra in the movie said military people are trained to beat a lie detector test. I was just curious is this true?

Hell, my wife trained me well enough to beat any lie detector.

"Where have you been?"
"At the library."
"Since when to they serve beer at the library?"
"Beer?"
"You smell like a brewery."
"Brewery?"
"Yes, you smell like one."
"One?"
<sigh>

NO I"M ONLY 28.....
Worst commercial ever!

Actually the worst would probably be the one about feminine itching and oder, but thats still funny as hell.

Your right Ghost, even with all the stupid feminine hygiene commercials the one that every women I know hates is the " I'm only 28 " thing

Ghost778 said:
NO I"M ONLY 28.....
Worst commercial ever!

Actually the worst would probably be the one about feminine itching and oder, but thats still funny as hell.

I was got a kick out of the one where the guy comes on with a serious expression and asks " Have you ever suffered from the itch an pain of hemmroids, well I have..."

IT still causes a chuckle.

As for lie detecctors they're not completely accurate as everyone is well aware of. They record Galvanic Skin Response.

Oh yea G3RM, the movie you were referring to--it sounds alot like High Crimes.

Good reference site

http://www.howstuffworks.com/lie-detector.htm

Chimo

I was watching a movie the other night, I forget the title of it, but it was with a ex-marine who was being courtmarshelled for murder and what not. During the movie some extra in the movie said military people are trained to beat a lie detector test. I was just curious is this true?

I remember that movie, it was garbage. But anyway, yes undercover agents and other covert-ops personell are trained to beat the poly. Its not too hard, remember what George Kostanza said = "Its only a lie, if you believe it".

I just love how Hollywood dramatises things.

I was once told by an old British Army Warrant Officer Class Two, who served in many theatres of operations (post WW2) who said "part of being a good soldier is being a good actor". Does this have any relivance here? ;D

Cheers,

Wes

yah, i just don't get the "no i'm only 28" ad.

err... does her skin cream magically allow her to beat a polygraph? i mean, i normally get jokes, but i just keep scratchin my head at that one... same with the midas lie detector commercial... so, he's not lieing to me about how he'll treat my car...but he likes broadway show tunes... but he lied about it... so this midas mechanic is a lieing punk and i should trust him with my jalopy... NO THANKS!

G3RM said:
I was watching a movie the other night, I forget the title of it, but it was with a ex-marine who was being courtmarshelled for murder and what not.

the movie was High Crimes --> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0257756/

I've never been trained to beat a lie detector, and I'm an Int Guy. We get the 'extra special' thumb screws...

Honest!

Back