• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LAV III plastic model kit

S

SOE

Does anyone know if a 1/35 scale plastic model exisits for a Cdn LAV 111 or Coyote,

Thanks

Clive

http://www.ehobbies.com/mo-rvl-03054.html - heres a USMC LAV-25 but its slightly different

Kirkpatrick said:
http://www.ehobbies.com/mo-rvl-03054.html - heres a USMC LAV-25 but its slightly different

Its a USMC LAV-25As/LAV-2/(Cougar, Grizzly, Bison, Coyote).

I meant a LAV 3 , isnt Saudi Arabi and Australia using these?

Clive

Australia does not have LAV IIIs(they have LAV-2s), but in not sure about Saudi Arabia.

Saudis also have LAV 2s. The Kiwis and the Irish have LAV 3s if that's any help!

MG

You know....I have never heard of LAV I or LAV IIs.  Cougars, Grizzley's, Husky were all AVGPs.  LAV 25 were LAV 25.  Bisons and Coyotes are two seperate vehicles, not related, other than they have eight wheels and are produced by GM Diesel.  They don't have any common parts in their suspensions, engines, or transmissions. 

As for model kits, you will probably have to get several different kits to make your model, and even then you will probably have to fabricate parts yourself.

GW

Thanks George, are you still serving or have you joined the ranks of Dad`s Army give me call at work Shilo  sometime

Clive

Here George, this might help clear it up for you: http://www.mowag.ch/En/02_ProdukteEn/PIRANHAEn/02-03_Frameset.htm

The designation LAV I, LAV II or LAV III is not meant to describe vehcles that are identical but rather vehicles of the same generation. Therefore (Grizzly/Cougar/Husky/Piranha I) = LAV I; (Coyote/Bison/LAV25/ASLAV) =  LAV II; (LAV III/NZLAV/LAV IIIH) = LAV III. There is now a LAV IV under development with improvements over the LAV III. I realize the Bison and the Coyote don't have much in common but they do have more in common than the Bison and the LAV III or the Grizzly and the NZLAV, for example.

Pro Patria

Alex

Mortar guy said:
(Grizzly/Cougar/Husky/Piranha I) = LAV I; (Coyote/Bison/LAV25/ASLAV) = LAV II; (LAV III/NZLAV/LAV IIIH) = LAV III. There is now a LAV IV under development with improvements over the LAV III.
I was pretty certain the LAV 25 was still a first generation LAV.

DML is releasing a Stryker model in 2006. You could combine the stryker hull with a LAV-25 turret from either Italeri or Trumpeter and you would have a decent representation of a Canadian LAV-III

<--part time model geek

You might want to get in contact with the guy who owns Finescale Hobbies in North Vancouver. He has access to all of the kits you note, and then some.

We could all buy C-130 Hercules models and then buy Stryker MGS models and try to jam them up the ramps of the Hercs...

;D

Tom

TCBF said:
We could all buy C-130 Hercules models and then buy Stryker MGS models and try to jam them up the ramps of the Hercs...

;D

Tom

lol... and to think they are going to try that with full size versions as well...

Clive .... you have to wait about 6 months, a company from China  "Trumpeter" is putting out a model of a "Stryker" in the latter half of this year, weird because you think Tamiya would be on the ball ......  beware it will still be a "kit bash project
now for the turret your going to have to get a lav 25 model "italeri" by the way.  if you want to tackle it. my self i would wait till it came out and get the reviews on it because the whole project will cost at least 70$ also there will probably be a few "Canada specific"  items like the spare tire mount on the back. that you will have to make  i don't know if strykers have them
for example the LAV-25 is not the same beast as the Coyote, in model or reality, same chassis and engine ..basics yes  but they are very easy to tell apart different headlights mirrors EIS Mountings etc. not to mention wheels. and that thing called a surveillance suite.
www.mapleleafmodels.com is an awesome source for Canadian military models and he offers superb products ..not to mention he's "in"
also www.armouredacorn.com is awsome for WWII and German stuff.
not to discourage you but i hope this helps.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/169232/

This is the forum you want - devoted to modern Canadian AFV modelling.

Back