• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

kazaa lite

K. Ash

Inactive
Reaction score
It seems the popular software as come under a lot of fire in the past few months.

What you guys think?

THink there will be a pay per use system set up?

Or will it go the way of the doe doe and napster?

www.softgap.com

Download ARES.

I get constantly fast downloads, and it‘s 100% spyware free (I‘ve run ad-aware many many times).

Also, when you get a 2-3 star download, if it says like "Queued(X)" or something (x being any number), wait like 2-3 mins and it will start to go super fast.

I don‘t know where you can download it but I always, ALWAYS used WinMX.

Kazaa is crap, it looks spiffy but it‘s got too many buggered & corrupt files. In 1 year I didn‘t experience ANY problems with WinMX... maybe I‘m just lucky.

Does anyone know where I can get WinMX from, or if it‘s even downloadable?

Cheers,
Lex :D

WinMX is alright. I prefer using Shareazaa, it‘s fairly new but comes with features designed to stop corrupted downloads. It also functions on 3 seperate networks meaning you can find almost anything you need. You can download it here:

http://www.shareaza.com/?id=download

and to answer the initial question, software such as Kazaa will never become pay-per-use. it‘s designed specificaly to run without the use of a centralized server, so it‘d be next to impossible for anyone to keep track of when you use it and then charge you for it. it would require a major software redesign, and if it did happen, you could always keep using the old version for free.

it will also never go the way of Napster, because once again, it runs without central servers. Therefore, nobody can shut it down without forcing every single user to delete his/her version of kazaa.

Ya, so many of the files I get from Kazaa are corrupted now.
It‘s the record companies way of combating music downloading.

You will notice that if you find a corrupted song from a paticular band, that most if not all their songs will be corrupted.

Anyway, there is no reason why peer to peer file sharing will go away any time soon (at least in Canada) since the ruling a couple of weeks ago that file sharing was LEGAL here.

I guess I‘ll have to try a new service though, because not only is Kazaa (lite) giving me too many corrupted files, but I‘m also finding the speed of downloading from there has been significantly reduced over the last year or so.

I used to get three or four downloads running at about 50-75 kbps, and now I‘m lucky to get 1 at that speed while the others are at 2-5 kbps.

If you want to check it out though, just go to the dogpile search engine and type in Kazaa Lite.
(Lite = the non spyware version) and you should be able to track the download page down from there.

I used to use WinMX for a while, but I didn‘t like it because all you were able to get was audio files...just kind of limited compared to what you can get using other programs.

Bit Torrent is great, depending on what you‘re looking for. Bottler is pretty good too, but it takes a while to search for offered files. Downloading files from torrent users is pretty much the same speed-wise as WinMX or Kazaa (anywhere from 0.5 k up to 250k/sec plus) but those speeds stay more stable I find. With Bottler, I rarely download at less than 200 k/sec.

Back