• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joint Task Force 2 (JTF 2) - Canadian Special Forces

"If you want to join then join."

Yep just like that, easy peasy.  If anyone could join then A)it wouldn't be elite and B)the other units would have even less people.

2 years in and QL3. sounds pretty easy to me. I'm not saying the course or physical req. are. I'm just saying that if its something you want to do then you should apply, and not listen to all those you say its the impossible. Your life is in your own hands, and so is your carear

They should just throw all the wannabees straight into special forces training... Ballls to the wall, man... They wouldn't last very long, I'd say.

Cheers,

Patrick

I see this thread has taken the same route as all other JTF threads that have gone before it........I like it when the universe unfolds as predicted  ::)

OK, clean it up or it's going to be locked.

Speaking as a navy guy, what is JTF2 doing ripping around on Humvees?  (Image on their DND website?)  If they have equipment like that for JTF2 then why is the regular army doing it G-Wagon style?

Just wondering.... I also heard a rumour that they have their own DC-10 to fly equipment around in?

Sub_Guy said:
Speaking as a navy guy, what is JTF2 doing ripping around on Humvees?   (Image on their DND website?)   If they have equipment like that for JTF2 then why is the regular army doing it G-Wagon style?

Just wondering.... I also heard a rumour that they have their own DC-10 to fly equipment around in?

How many Hummers, do you suppose, would fit in a DC10...?
I'll give you a hint...NONE. The CF does not have any DC10's in service at the moment. IF they did you'd see them as they are rather big to hide...(I'm sure tha air types will back me on this statement)

An aircraft like the DC10 is not really suitable for them. They would need something with far more cargo space and the ability to tp vehicles as well.

Slim

I am well aware that A humvee will not fit into a DC-10, I was noting that in the Photos on the JTF website they are in Hummers, just wanted to know if they were ours, or were they borrowed....................

I did read that they had a DC-10........ I am well aware that it makes no sense as we fly A310..........   Perhaps what I reading about the DC-10, is that they use it for training (Taking out hijacked plane on the runway type training)

Sitting here in class, I can barely keep my eyes open, that would explain the DC-10 flying equipment around statement.................And the fact that I am a greasy Submariner, something that I suspect will be extinct in Canada within the next few years

Having a DC-10 cockpit and fuselage up at Dwyer Hill someplace would certainly make sense...they have been out of service for sometime now and the cabins are probably readily available without wings or something like that.

As for the Humm-vees...You never know...they do have lots of Gucci kit that the green army will never get/see...

Slim

Then why not hummers for our Troops?  I am assuming that they have had hummers, while our Infanteers were all crammed into the iltis?  I can understand that they have some sweet kit, but if they only insist on gear that is top notch, then why do our Boys get garbage?

Anyone on here posted to Germany back in the day.... Those 10 Tonne MAN trucks were pretty swank...................to bad the service battalion doesn't have sweet kit like that to tear up the roads in

Slim said:
they have been out of service for sometime now

They have ? You should tell that to american airlines, purolator, FEDEX and the USAF...........i'm sure they'll be just as surprised as i was

Thinking of L-1011's maybe ?

aesop081 said:
They have ? You should tell that to american airlines, purolator, FEDEX and the USAF...........i'm sure they'll be just as surprised as i was

I fully admit to not being an air schmee...Thats why I asked an air guy/gal to have a look and correct me..I guaruntee, though, that the only DC10 JTF have either belongs to someone else and gets chartered, or is sitting in their back 40 wingless with burn marks around the doors.

Slim

aesop081 said:

Thinking of L-1011's maybe ?

I dint profess to know a lot about aircraft, but I do know that the L-1011's are still in service today, just that the FAA are phasing them out because they use too much fuel.

Cheers,
Morgs

I believe the Hummers were procured for JTF2 before the decision was made to finally get the GWagon.

I also believe the reasoning behind the Hummers is that something proven was needed quickly for mobility and who of all Special Forces groups do you think JTF2 interoperates with the most?

Our friendly southern neighbours. 

Just imagine JTF2 jumping in with Ilti and asking the US Spec Ops mobility people if they could borrow a 4 barrel VW carburetor.

Mr. Ted

I'm going to add my two cents in here. I have not read all x-amount of pages, so I do not know if it has been said before. I'm sure someone will let me know if it has...

1. JTF2 should not have any photos of it. Nor should we even know what kind if ops they are on, have been on, can be on, etc. I'm sure that has been said before.

2. Lets get rid of that stupid name JTF2. Its silly and no long reflects what the unit is all about. It is an entirely military unit. It no longer relects the multi-organizational (RCMP, CSIS, Military) make up it used too. It now engages in "offensive" and "other" type operations and thus should be properly named. Whether that is CSAS or some other more military sounding name is up to whoever.

In otherwords. JTF2 just doesn't sound right anymore.

Zipper said:
I'm going to add my two cents in here. I have not read all x-amount of pages, so I do not know if it has been said before. I'm sure someone will let me know if it has...

1. JTF2 should not have any photos of it. Nor should we even know what kind if ops they are on, have been on, can be on, etc. I'm sure that has been said before.

2. Lets get rid of that stupid name JTF2. Its silly and no long reflects what the unit is all about. It is an entirely military unit. It no longer relects the multi-organizational (RCMP, CSIS, Military) make up it used too. It now engages in "offensive" and "other" type operations and thus should be properly named. Whether that is CSAS or some other more military sounding name is up to whoever.

In otherwords. JTF2 just doesn't sound right anymore.

And if it already was renamed - do you think you or I would really need to know that?

;)

Back