• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Join US Army as foreigner?

D

Delos

Greetings everybody!

I wonder if anyone could help me a bit. Theres a little idea in my mind
about joining US army but it's kinda complicated i do not know the procedures.

I'm from Estonia and i have been serving Estonian Defence Forces for 2 years.
In less than a month our company is heading to Afghanistan and after the deployment
maybe i would like to join US army. At the moment it's just an idea, that's why i need your help.
Question is, what do i have to do to make this idea to come true?

This is the Canadian Army Forum. Not US.

But here is a good link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_militaries_that_recruit_foreigners

"United States Armed Forces - Permanent Residence/Green Card"

Here's some weird facts.

(North) Korean People's Army allows naturalized foreign citizens to enlist (mainly Japanese), however there are only a few known cases of this happening. Americans are banned from enlisting.

Australian Defence Force - The Australian Defence Force may consider a temporary waiver of the citizenship requirements for a Permanent Resident of Australia, if the position cannot be filled by an applicant who meets all the citizenship requirements, and then only in exceptional circumstances. Also, non-citizen and non-permanent residents with prior military experience are eligible to be sponsored by the ADF depending on the vacancies available on the ADF recruitment centre website.

I believe the Philippines recruits foreigners from the US, and possibly Canada. From my understanding/experience as a traveler, the Phillipines Army speaks English, and is largely created from the US Military.

Thanks a lot. Got my answer just like i wanted.

Green card or permanent residence....basically can say it's pointless to even try.

Why wouldn't you be able to get your Green Card? You could try for other EU Military's also.

lyth said:
This is the Canadian Army Forum. Not US.

But here is a good link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_militaries_that_recruit_foreigners

"United States Armed Forces - Permanent Residence/Green Card"

Here's some weird facts.

I believe the Philippines recruits foreigners from the US, and possibly Canada. From my understanding/experience as a traveler, the Phillipines Army speaks English, and is largely created from the British SAS. (As they were a British Colony).

You may wish to check the history of the Phillipines.  They were a Spanish colony which was ceded to the USA as a result of the Spanish-American War in1898.  They attained full independence from the US in 1946.  You'll find that the Phillipines military owes its origin to the US forces. 

Ah, my apologies. I was confusing that with the colonization of Manila during the 1700's. :)

I'll edit the post.

The French Foreign Legion also hires. You'll learn French and get your French citizenship if you so wish after your term of service. I'm told it's hard though, and they only take the best.

Back