• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

january basic?

Yea thats hardcore! They are flying me to montreal. I thought I was gonna take a bus, not that I'm complaining! Any reason why they are doing that? Must be cuz we're friggin' elite  8).

I got BMQ in Borden staring Jan 9th - no call regarding cancellation. Hopefully the g/f can drop my az off to Borden.

I'm heading off for January 16th Basic in Borden as well.... anyone else notice that almost nobody on these boards has said they are heading to St. Jean?

Also, I'm 5 hours away from Borden, and I was told to take the bus or arrange a ride.

Dog said:
I'm heading off for January 16th Basic in Borden as well.... anyone else notice that almost nobody on these boards has said they are heading to St. Jean?

Also, I'm 5 hours away from Borden, and I was told to take the bus or arrange a ride.

If the circumstances are in your favour - I would take the bus. One would hope that its a COACH bus with the pisser  :-X, LCD TV, all you can eat buffet, and lets not forget the BBQ fest  :rofl:. Just having some fun fellos...

Anyways, I personally would take the bus because its a 5hr ride and it should give you some time to prepare yourself mentally. :salute:

You will get a package that tells you how to travel to base Borden, what to do from train stations, bus stations, airports, etc. At least I did last June.

i also have BMQ on january 16th i get sworn in on december 20th i live in ottawa, just wondering if anyone else is taking the bus

Hey saosin I live one hour away from ottawa, I am too swearing in on the 20th of december and my BMQ starts on the 16 of january, see you there! :cdn:

are you guys going reg force or reserve? seems nobody makes that distinction... (or I am just stupid. Equally plausable)
-Cameron

Hansol said:
are you guys going reg force or reserve? seems nobody makes that distinction... (or I am just stupid. Equally plausable)
-Cameron

The 3 month Reserve Basic course runs in the summer if I'm not mistaken, so that would mean that we're all heading off for the regs. I could just be ignorant of the way things are done though..... but you, Hansol, you're probably just stupid. ;)

well sir, I believe that I will second your opinion. Cheers

Hansol said:
-Cameron

Reserve but going to reg force bmq January, 2006.

Dog said:

I don't know if I'm going to Borden or St. Jean, I've been told both by different people. I will wait until I have the plane ticket in hand, if it says I'm going to Montreal then I know I"m going to St. Jean, if it says TO, then I guess I'm going back to Borden. It's kind of like waiting for Xmas, you just never know what you're going to get!

For you boys goin to Borden...Hope that you get an instructor by the name of Sgt.*********...He's probably the best instructor there..By the book and hard but one of the greatest people I've met..Got a ton of respect for em...Have fun though...Its a good time

He wasn't in my platoon but I chatted with him briefly in the field phase. He's old school (Airborne armoured recce), but he's an amazing instructor.

:cdn:

Congrats to all the new  Pte R's  &  OCdt's  who were sworn-in on Dec 14th.

See you in Broden.

:salute:

I believe Sgt. ********* is going for his warrants so I think he is leaving the school..

Another good guy at the school is Sgt. ******.

Good luck, you'll have fun in Borden. Just finished up BMQ this morning myself. Off to PRETC in the new year.

edit: we don't post people's names without their permission

Hoover said:
I believe Sgt. ********* is going for his warrants so I think he is leaving the school..

Another good guy at the school is Sgt. ******.

Good luck, you'll have fun in Borden. Just finished up BMQ this morning myself. Off to PRETC in the new year.

That sucks that ******* is leaving..He was a super instructor...And yes Sgt******is good at well

See yah at PRETC..Should be fun... ::)

Back