• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

January 2010 BMQ

Well I finally have everything in order, all that's left to do is wait. Swearing in on Thursday then gone on Saturday. So close I'm going crazy. At least it's a good sort of crazy, it keeps me motivated.  :warstory:

Heading to BMQ on Saturday (armoured crewman). Just curious I got my joining instructions but theres no mention of an autobiography. Do we do it when we get there or am i supposed to do it before i go. Also said nothing of a void cheque.

Turret said:
Heading to BMQ on Saturday (armoured crewman). Just curious I got my joining instructions but theres no mention of an autobiography. Do we do it when we get there or am i supposed to do it before i go. Also said nothing of a void cheque.

Check the St-Jean joining instructions, you can find them here: http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/pd/ir-ji/ir-ji.pdf (From the Joining Instructions thread in the Basic Training forum) - You'll find the outline in there for the content of your autobiography (I, as well as the group I was sworn in with, was strongly encouraged to have an autobiography written prior to reporting to base) and also the mention to bring a void cheque (or direct deposit sheet too if that's what your bank uses.)  I believe the Borden joining instructions are not as precise or applicable as the document is originally for Naval Reserve training, so refer to the St-Jean set of instructions for items to bring, etc. for a regular force BMQ.

Cya Saturday! :D

Turret said:
Is it supposed to be on loose leaf?

The joining instructions say 8.5" x 14" lined paper 1 - 1 1/2 pages + cover page, so I assume so.

Back