• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

JANUARY 2009 BMOQ

Celticgirl said:
We're planning a couple of get-togethers in December for the January candidates.

The Toronto and area folks are also planning a M&G in Toronto on Dec. 10th. (Have you decided on a time and place, guys?)

We are meeting after the Toronto swearing-in ceremony on December 10th at the Frog and Firkin pub at 4854 Yonge St. just north of Shepard. For those not attending the ceremony, come by at 1500.

If I can convince someone else to make the drive with me from Toronto, I may come by to the N.B. meet and greet.

jeffb said:
If I can convince someone else to make the drive with me from Toronto, I may come by to the N.B. meet and greet.

If there are "enough Artillery guys"? ;) lol

So Matt is going to join me in the great beer pilgrimage. If anyone along the 401/ Hwy. 20 corridor wants to come along, PM me.

Hopefully, someone will give us a place to crash.  :'( (as in for the night and not with the car on the way out East.)

Hi everyone! Wow such a great crowd of people here. I'll be attending the January 2009 BMQ (if everything goes right, I've had some bad luck during recruiting). I'm still waiting to get my equipment and such tho, should be really soon. I'm not in artillery though, haha apparantly my vision is just barely not good enough (I dont see how it matters if I wear contacts but..) so I'm a signals op. Greatly looking foreward to training and serving with you great men and women.

PteSteve said:
Hi everyone! Wow such a great crowd of people here. I'll be attending the January 2009 BMQ

This is a thread for BMOQ........not a course you will be attending.

CDN Aviator said:
This is a thread for BMOQ........not a course you will be attending.
Oh crap.. I just this minute learned the difference... sorry about that my bad  :-X

I guess I could mention that I originally signed up as an officer but decided to change to op, because I dont want a desk job.. many will say that was a brainless move but.. I'd rather be the little guy that takes crap from everyone else ;)

PteSteve said:
my bad  :-X

It certainly was not MY bad...... ;D

I guess I could mention that I originally signed up as an officer but decided to change to op, because I dont want a desk job.. many will say that was a brainless move but.. I'd rather be the little guy that takes crap from everyone else ;)

Good thinking.

jeffb said:
We are meeting after the Toronto swearing-in ceremony on December 10th at the Frog and Firkin pub at 4854 Yonge St. just north of Shepard. For those not attending the ceremony, come by at 1500.

Jeff, I will create an event for the Toronto M&G in our Facebook group. Just to clarify, should people meet at the CFRC at 1500 or at the pub?

For the Toronto meet and greet, meet at the pub unless you are attending the Toronto swearing-in ceremony. In that case, we'll head over following the ceremony.

Did they change the name of the course?  I have been hearing IAP/BOTC being thrown around at my end.  Ive got 14 years in as an NCM and am now a MARS Officer, received an IAP bypass and am possibly joining a St Jean course in January.  Im pretty sure its the same one, I heard a start date of 5 Jan, but my start date would be somewhat latter because of the bypass, but the different name of the course is confusing me. 

It is still up in the air right now though, so its either this one in St Jean or a course that starts in the summer out in Victoria.

I dont care what they call it as long as I can skip it!  At this rate I will have done this course as often as its name has changed :(

Just got an early Christmas present from the CFRC.....  I've got an offer on the way! Got the AEC Trade over my secondary choice of MARS as well.  Who knew Santa wore CADPAT?  It'll all be made official next week, but I was able to get some solid dates.  Enrollment on or around Dec 17th, BMOQ start date of January 19th running through until May 1st.

I've been bouncing off walls since getting the news.  Look forward to seeing you all there, and to training with the AEC candidates from all 3 intakes in September =D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Way to go!!  Santa does wear a uniform!!

images

Stirling Dyer said:
Just got an early Christmas present from the CFRC.....  I've got an offer on the way! Got the AEC Trade over my secondary choice of MARS as well.  Who knew Santa wore CADPAT?  It'll all be made official next week, but I was able to get some solid dates.  Enrollment on or around Dec 17th, BMOQ start date of January 19th running through until May 1st.

I've been bouncing off walls since getting the news.  Look forward to seeing you all there, and to training with the AEC candidates from all 3 intakes in September =D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Congrats and welcome to the coolest MOC in the military!  ;D (ducking) LOL  :cheers:

Just a reminder: We're having a M&G for January Officer Candidates tomorrow night (Thurs) at 8 p.m. at Griffin's Pub (Canex Mall, Oromocto, NB). Anyone who is in NB and can make it over, please join us!  :D

Good luck to all you guys about to go on the BMOQ, I just finished mine on the 27 of Nov. We started off with 68 pers and finished with 34 pers, thx to the infantry staff that  ;D

Back