• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Its seems to be easy to find out where current members are....

putz

Inactive
Reaction score
First off as most of you know I'm a civy  getting into the military who does alot of third party "collections" work with the DND and Federal Government.  I just wanted to know something... when you are serving overseas and someone is trying to find out where you are (individually) it seems to be fairly easy.  I'm not going to post the steps that I go through to get this information, but my question is Should the public be getting access to information this easily?? 

For example (not going to use names but I MYSELF had this happen)

Called ******** was told that pte. bloggins is in ******* and is in Bosnia right now.
Was told to hang on and had my call transfered over to pte. so and so who took message for pte bloggins then passed the message directly to pte bloggins whom called me back in a matter of hours (obviously very distressed)

Personally out of respect to members serving overseas (I can only imagine the stress already) I don't make a habit of contact members directly when they are away.  This just happened so fast.  I've also had calls transfered to ships (in port of course) and to people on field exercises.  ( I even had one call placed directly through to the radio op in the field in ONT.).

I just wanted to know are laws being broken here or not?  All the people that I deal with when calling 99% are civy DND staff if that matters at all (I am not directly employed with the federal government/DND)

I can't speak for everyone, but I do know my unit does not give out information on any of our troops at all.  When someone phones me looking for Pte Bloggins, I politely explain to them that I am not allowed to give out information on our members.  I will take a name and number and pass on a message to the member if they would like though.

Back