• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Its In! Saddam to be hanged NLT 27 Jan 07

Trinity said:
CNN

says

1) no live broadcast

and

2) it will happen by 10 pm  *our time  0600 hrs their time   

thats... in 4 hours

11 pm Atlantic, 11:30 Newfoundland ;)

:cheers:

Hauptmann Scharlachrot said:
11 pm Atlantic, 11:30 Newfoundland ;)

But doesn't the world rotate around Toronto?!?!?!

wait.. yes.. it does.

You scared me for a second... but I was right  :D

Fox reports 9:30 pm EST. ;)

Update:Saddam wont die alone. His half brother Barzan Ibrahim Hasan and the former Chief Judge will also die today.

tomahawk6 said:
Fox reports 9:30 pm EST. ;)

Update:Saddam wont die alone. His half brother Barzan Ibrahim Hasan and the former Chief Judge will also die today.

Shhhhh, the insurgents need to use each death one by one!

Yep, arguing back and forth now about how they will "prove" to the Iraqi people and the world that he is actually dead, since they refused to broadcast it.

Meridian said:
Yep, arguing back and forth now about how they will "prove" to the Iraqi people and the world that he is actually dead, since they refused to broadcast it.

Maybe someone had their cell phone camera with them and filmed it? Seems to be all the rage these days.

Frederik G said:
Maybe someone had their cell phone camera with them and filmed it? Seems to be all the rage these days.

Look for it on youtube  ;D

cdnaviator said:
Look for it on youtube  ;D
Already tried, nothing there but silly cartoons  ;)

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2006/12/29/saddam-dead.html

Aaannd apparently his lawyer has confirmed his execution .. according to CNN.

Looks like one of the local stations there also confirmed it.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20061229/CPMONDE/61229057/5032/CPACTUALITES

According to France Presse, Saddam Hussien got hanged.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2006/12/29/saddam-dead.html

Saddam Hussein executed: Iraqi state TV

Former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein has been hanged, according to s tate-run Iraqiya television.

The report gave no furthers, but Arab television stations Al-Hurra and Al-Arabiya reported Saddam was hanged around 6 a.m. local time Saturday (10 p.m. ET Friday) in Baghdad's Green Zone.

But there has been no official confirmation from either the Iraqi or U.S. governments.

Also hanged were Saddam's half-brother Barzan Ibrahim and Awad Hamed al-Bandar, the former chief justice of the Revolutionary Court, according to the reports.

Saddam, who was captured in December 2003 following the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq, was convicted in early November of committing crimes against humanity in the slaughter of 148 Shia Muslims in the northern city of Dujail in 1982.

During his trial, Saddam requested he be executed by firing squad "as a military man" and not by hanging, which he said would be a fate befitting "a common criminal."

His lawyers filed documents in a U.S. court Friday afternoon asking for an emergency restraining order aimed at stopping the U.S. government from relinquishing custody of the condemned former Iraqi leader to Iraqi officials.

But the appeal was denied late Friday.

The attorneys argued that because Saddam also faced a civil lawsuit in Washington, he had rights as a civil defendant that would be violated if he were executed.

The Pentagon said U.S. forces in Iraq were on high alert in anticipation of any violence following the execution of Saddam, whose brutal rule of the country spanned 24 years.

Yeah -- celebratory fire woke me from my sleep -- I was pretty sure a running gun battle was going on in our compound, locals laughed when I popped out dressed in my knuckle dragger gear ready to rock.

Anyone find it incredibly funny that his lawyers are bitching?

I find it especially amusing that they're saying that Saddam being burried in an unmarked grave is "an affront" to his family. What about the families of all the people he had executed? It was a pretty big affront to them, too, I'd say.

Now that he's dead, can we please silence those lawyers so they stop making fools of themselves?

Back