• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Issues contacting CFRC in Thunder bay

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
My nephew failed the aptitude test for the CF, out of the Ottawa CFRC. He then fell for the 'move out west and work for the oil companies' bs moved out and returned to the Ottawa area. He's interested in trying out for the CF again, called Ottawa and was told Thunderbay has his profile and Ottawa can't access it or help him. Thunder bay isn't answering calls, returning calls or emails.

Any idea why his profile would have been moved to Thunder bay?  Is Thunder bay backlogged to the point where they take over 2 weeks to return a phone call?

By Thunder Bay, do you mean North Bay?

From my understanding recruitment is relatively centralized in North Bay as a clearing house for applications, and after it passes a primary verification it is passed on to the local recruitment centre for further processing. I'm sure there could be any number of reasons for the delay in returning calls / emails, but I would find your original application number and call North Bay (1-866-966-8718) and inquire further. Someone else may be able to provide more advice.

Best of luck!

CFRC DET THUNDER BAY
33 South Court Street, Suite 104
Thunder Bay, Ontario
P7B 2W6

Phone: 807-343-5134
Fax: 807-345-1961

Business Hours:
Monday - Closed

Tuesday - Closed

Wednesday - Closed

Thursday - 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Friday - Closed

If at all possible, I would recommend that he contacts the Winnipeg recruiting centre or Toronto recruiting centre as they seem to be a bit more "in the know". Do not wait around for Thunder Bay.

ObedientiaZelum said:
Any idea why his profile would have been moved to Thunder bay?  Is Thunder bay backlogged to the point where they take over 2 weeks to return a phone call?

I think he probably means "North Bay" as someone has already pointed out.  If he recently submitted a "new" online application and was already in the system (ie; previously processed by Ottawa), the file would be transferred to North Bay.

Back