• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Israeli Defence Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepThaut

Inactive
Reaction score
I just wanted to know you people‘s opinions about the Israeli Defence Force (IDF). I respect the men and women of the IDF for being on the doorsteps of terrorism and having to deal with suicide bombers all the time. It is a very professional army but the downside is that they deeply hate their enemies and are not too merciful and don‘t have much respect for the Palestinians(and vise-versa). They are in one of the longest wars and it will probably never end because we‘re talking about a religious war mixed in with a territorial one. But the IDF is an army who knows what they are doing and do it well when it comes to war. They captured the Sinai, more than once I believe. They got the Golan Heights and went into Lebanon. They are always having raids in the West Bank but have to pull back since the States don‘t want all **** to break loose. So I‘m just wondering about what your thoughts are about the IDF, if you support their actions and so on. Don‘t worry I‘m not Israeli myself, I‘m Nova Scotian born and raised with no Israeli relatives. But my father went to the Golan and said he talked to Syrians and Israelis and said both sides had interesting stories.

Cheers, Nordwind :cdn:

(I was going to start a similar thread, but i found this one.)

I for one have the outmost respect for the IDF. They are operating in the most dangerous region in the world with people trying to kill them left and right. They have won almost every war that they have fought in, even when it seemed they were heavily out numbered. I believe that they are the most highly trained and most proffessional military in the world. If I was still in Israel, there would be no doubt that I would join-up. (Make it my full-time job after manditory service.)

idf forces are the best trained in the world. They have a tough job seem do it it well. Do I support what they are doing ? Partly.

Every country needs to protect their citizens but the way they kill terrorists is wrong.

Why use apaches to blow em up and kill 5 civilians when u can kill that terrorist leader with just one bullet ?

Where does all of this "IDF is the best trained in the world" come from?

"Highest motivated", I could live with.

"Among the best equipped", I could live with.

"Best trained", I cannot live with.  I have observed their training, well, their armour training, and I totally disagree with "best trained" at least as far as armour training goes.

Don't get yer knickers in a twist, Lance. Just another interloper giving his unqualified opinion on someting he knows nothing about.  ::) :boring:

Anecdotally (from friends who have served in the IDF) and from a variety of things I've read, the references for which of course escape me, they lack a good NCO cadre, have severe discipline problems, and lack depth of training.

They do have a pretty good warfighting record, and some pretty good equipment, though.

To paraphrase senior Canadian Army Officer, after we had witnessed their armour training and watched a gun camp

"A second rate army, with first rate equipment, with fourth rate enemies".

Hey, he said it, not me, although I was in general agreement.  I could not totally agree, as I had not witnessed the training of the so-called "fourth rate enemies".  (Even though we have all read about them, I have had no personal experience to base such a comment on)

Funny, those commenting on Israel having the "best trained Army" have no idea what military training is....Like virgins studying sex, eh?

Infanteer said:
Funny, those commenting on Israel having the "best trained Army" have no idea what military training is....Like virgins studying sex, eh?

You don't have to be through military training physically to know what its all about. Take the Russian Spetznas, I can tell you that their training is far more rigorous then any US special forces.

You don't have to be through military training physically to know what its all about. Take the Russian Spetznas, I can tell you that their training is far more rigorous then any US special forces.

Okay there son... ::)

You can keep on saying that, but no one here is going to take you seriously.

jutes said:

And you offer what for proof?

Jutes:

Furthermore to your post, I hope you have read the following post in the Admin forum:

http://army.ca/forums/threads/17343.0.html

This is board policy.   If you are going to post information on the quality of both Russian Spetsnaz training and US Special Forces training you better be able to offer some valid evidence to back your claims up.  

If you don't you may be in violation of the stated policy and deserving of a formal warning for using up bandwidth with useless hearsay.

scott1nsh said:
And you offer what for proof?

http://www.spetsnaz.com.br/training.htm

Their training is F*cking CRAZY. It makes the Navy Seals look like a picnic, more or less.

Perhaps you didn't read the bottom of the thread here:

Some of the information in this web site was based on the book :

Viktor Suvorov - Spetsnaz. The Story Behind the Soviet SAS. - Hamish Hamilton Ltd, 1987.

If you had any sense, you would have realized that the page was an amateur one done by someone much like yourself that has absolutely jack-shit for any real, first-hand knowledge about the military in general.

As for the Navy SEALs remark, again, what proof do you have that it is like a picnic, more or less?

You are rapidly exausting my patience Jutes.  I would advise you to read through my earlier post regarding official board policy again.

Infanteer said:
Perhaps you didn't read the bottom of the thread here:

Some of the information in this web site was based on the book :

Viktor Suvorov - Spetsnaz. The Story Behind the Soviet SAS. - Hamish Hamilton Ltd, 1987.

If you had any sense, you would have realized that the page was an amateur one done by someone much like yourself that has absolutely jack-crap for any real, first-hand knowledge about the military in general.

As for the Navy SEALs remark, again, what proof do you have that it is like a picnic, more or less?

You are rapidly exausting my patience Jutes.   I would advise you to read through my earlier post regarding official board policy again.

Take it as you wish.

Take it as you wish.

Jutes

Let me spell it out for you.

1. Have you ever been a member of the Russian Spetznaz or other special operations group?

2. Have you ever been or even trained with the U.S. Navy Seals?

3. Have you ever even been the member of an armed force and gone through the training that a soldier does?

No, you haven't...

Why are you qualified to start saying some of the things you have said? How can you compare anything without first-hand knowledge?

You can't.

You're wasting our time and bringing the quality of the forum down. There are probably people who have served in the organizations you have mentioned reading posts and threads here from time to time. What do you think they think when they read crap like yours?!

Please stop wasting our time...

Slim said:
Take it as you wish.

Jutes

Let me spell it out for you.

1. Have you ever been a member of the Russian Spetznaz or other special operations group?

2. Have you ever been or even trained with the U.S. Navy Seals?

Why are you qualified to start saying some of the things you have said? How can you compare anything without first-hand knowledge?

You can't.

You're wasting our time and bringing the quality of the forum down. There are probably people who have served in the organizations you have mentioned reading posts and threads here from time to time. What do you think they think when they read crap like yours?!

Please stop wasting our time...

Have you been qualified or trainined with either of these organizations? Since when do you have to be through it to know whats it all about? I've never been through Pilot training, but I know how hard it is, and which Acadamy offers better training.

How can you compare anything without first-hand knowledge?

So according to you, we are not allowed to debate about ANYTHING unless we have first-hand experience.   ::)

Can you compare experiences that you have never had?  I would think not.

Can you compare academic opinions that you have studied?  I would think you can.

You are doing the first and calling it the second.

Jutes, there are not a whole bunch of sources on the organizations you are so determined to prove your expertise on for a reason, are you picking up what I am laying down?

I wouldn't hesitate to guess that any SEAL reading this would get pretty hot at your comments, the reason is simple:

THEY'VE DONE IT, YOU HAVEN'T

Going further, who gives a rat's backside if the Bolsheviks can spank the Yanks or my Dad can beat up yours, I fail to see the relevance to the original post on the thread and don't see how it matters in general.

To the experience thing. I have gone through the training, therefore I feel qualified to comment on it. I feel more than comfortable talking about it's difficulty, etc because I was there. Infanteer has been as well and do you see us hijacking threads to discuss the tactics/toughness/underwear colour of various units within the CF?

So, tell me how tough Basic Training is, I am interested to hear your educated opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back