• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Islamic Terrorism in the West ( Mega thread)

milnews.ca said:
I still can't imagine because I'm still trusting both Canadians and security measures in place at these two military bases.

You have a lot more faith in our security measures than I do.  [:(

milnews.ca said:
I still can't imagine because I'm still trusting both Canadians and security measures in place at these two military bases.

I too trust our heavily armed security forces, high chain linked fences, closed circuit monitors, motion sensors and  aggressive guard dogs.

I don't believe they won't have already accounted for the possibility civic unrest and discord in their ops planning.  Also, I believe in general Canadians (at this juncture) will accept, adapt, evolve and move on.  I'm with Tony.  There won't be crowds of pesants with torches and pitchforks streaming towards Valcatraz or Kingston.

jollyjacktar said:
I don't believe they won't have already accounted for the possibility civic unrest and discord in their ops planning.  Also, I believe in general Canadians (at this juncture) will accept, adapt, evolve and move on.  I'm with Tony.  There won't be crowds of pesants with torches and pitchforks streaming towards Valcatraz or Kingston.

I agree with you; that there most likely will not be crowds of peasants with torches and pitchforks streaming towards Valcatraz, nor Kingston.  There may be one or two nut jobs, but not any large groups; and local Police agencies should be able to deal effectively with them.  Canadians, on a whole, are very naive when it comes to "Security".  I do not have faith that Canada has truly taken its' "Security" seriously; and I think the current Government has a much less concern about it than the previous. 

George Wallace said:
I agree with you; that there most likely will not be crowds of peasants with torches and pitchforks streaming towards Valcatraz, nor Kingston.  There may be one or two nut jobs, but not any large groups; and local Police agencies should be able to deal effectively with them.  Canadians, on a whole, are very naive when it comes to "Security".  I do not have faith that Canada has truly taken its' "Security" seriously; and I think the current Government has a much less concern about it than the previous.

I agree, our present alien overlords are probably more Laissez-faire when it comes to security than the last bunch, gotta keep that "Sunny Ways" image going and I think they are willfully ignorant of reality.  I don't trust the Lieberals to not crap all over the bedclothes and make a pigs ear of things just because image is everything to them in 180 degree than it was for the former's self image interests.  Both are vain in that regard, just opposite sides of the coin, I fear.  Mind you as I told Pierre Poilievre when he came sniffing around for votes, your government is all talk and no action with taking care of the military's needs in equipment and personnel.  They all are, until they have no choice.  It hasn't changed in 100 years and I doubt it will over the next 100 either.

While I still trust Canadians as a whole ....
George Wallace said:
.... There may be one or two nut jobs, but not any large groups; and local Police agencies should be able to deal effectively with them ....
.... have to agree with you there - it only takes a few.
George Wallace said:
I do not have faith that Canada has truly taken its' "Security" seriously; and I think the current Government has a much less concern about it than the previous. 
Can't disagree here, either.

The idea of people torching Kingston or Valcartier was to illustrate what was happening for real in Europe (identified refugee reception centres being torched before the refugees could actually use them, IOT prevent the settlement of refugees in the locality) rather than a prediction of what would actually happen in Canada.

Mind you, people can flip the switch pretty quickly given the correct incentives/provocations, and as noted, the heavily armed security patrols and fierce guard dogs surrounding Canadian military bases might not be enough to stop a determined group from taking matters into their own hands... >:D

Jarnhamar said:
I too trust our heavily armed security forces, high chain linked fences, closed circuit monitors, motion sensors and  aggressive guard dogs.

Sorry the dogs are being let go as part of the "leaner" military, there appears to be a bullet shortage for the armed guards, and we not completed First Nation consultation for the fence and there appears to be a SARA listed species at the east end, that will require a study done first.

Thucydides said:
The idea of people torching Kingston or Valcartier was to illustrate what was happening for real in Europe (identified refugee reception centres being torched before the refugees could actually use them, IOT prevent the settlement of refugees in the locality) rather than a prediction of what would actually happen in Canada.

Mind you, people can flip the switch pretty quickly given the correct incentives/provocations, and as noted, the heavily armed security patrols and fierce guard dogs surrounding Canadian military bases might not be enough to stop a determined group from taking matters into their own hands... >:D
I see what you did there  ;D

Occam said:
I have no tolerance for branding an entire religion for the actions of a relative few.

Sorry Occam i can't agree with you here.  There is a hell of a lot more than a few cases of crazy Islam-following psychopaths and Islam inspired terrorist attacks.  Comparing the tons of terrorist attacks and shit against "Christian psychos" like the westbourough baptist church (like people are apt to do) is apples and oranges.

jarnhamar,

Curious, what is your military experience beside "ODST" (HALO video game)? Your profile says nothing about you...

ArmyRick said:
jarnhamar,

Curious, what is your military experience beside "ODST" (HALO video game)? Your profile says nothing about you...

I'll vouch for him.  You can PM him and I'm sure he'd be more than happy to tell you  :christmas happy:

ArmyRick said:
jarnhamar,

I'll confirm his bonafides also.

(Thanks)

Armyrick,

Respectfully I don't think someones military experience make a difference either way when pointing out the quantity of Islamic terrorist attacks going on in the world every day.  If I felt it was relevant to the topic at hand I'd be happy to PM you but I don't believe it is.

The Halo world is probably an ironic thing to mention though. It's based around a convent of crazy religious aliens intent on wiping out humanity. Some of them even run towards you and blow themselves up    ;D

Here is a snapshot of Islamic-inspired terror attacks for December this month and a few from December last year I quickly pulled from Wikipedia because I;m half-assed.
One year ago around this time.
Pakistan December 16, 2014 – 2014 Peshawar school attack. Over 140 people dead, including at least 132 children.
Yemen December 16, 2014 – 2014 Rada' bombings. Two suicide car bombers rammed their vehicles into a Shiite rebels' checkpoint killing 26, including 16 students.
Nigeria December 18, 2014 – 2014 Gumsuri kidnappings. Boko Haram insurgents killed 32 men and kidnapped at least 185 women and children.
Syria December 18, 2014 – Mass grave of 230 Tribesmen killed by ISIL found in Eastern Syria.
Notable attacks this month.
United States December 2, 2015 – In the 2015 San Bernardino shooting, two people, one of whom posted on Facebook an "oath of allegiance" to the leader of ISIL, shot and killed 14 people and injured 21 others in a killing spree that the FBI was investigating as "act of terrorism".
Chad December 5, 2015 – Four female suicide bombers from the militant Islamist group Boko Haram attacked the Chadian island of Koulfoua on Lake Chad, killing at least 15 people and injuring 130.
Yemen December 6, 2015 – The governor of the southern port city of Aden in Yemen, Jaafar Mohammed Saad, was killed in a car bomb attack. The assassination was claimed by ISIS.
Afghanistan December 8, 2015 – In the 2015 Kandahar Airport attacks several Taliban members attacked the Kandahar Airport and surrounding area. 50+ killed, 37 injured.
Egypt December 8, 2015 – An explosive device by Islamists targeting a military convoy went off in Rafah. 4 dead 4 injured.
Iraq December 9, 2015 – A suicide bomber detonated his explosives at in the doorway of a Shiite mosque. 11+ dead 20 injured.
Afghanistan Spain December 11, 2015 – In the 2015 spain embassy attack in kabul Taliban millitants detonated a car bomb and stormed a guesthouse near the Spanish embassy. 6 dead, several injured.
Syria December 11, 2015 – In the Tell Tamer bombings three truck bombs by ISIS killed up to 60 people and injured more than 80 in the town of Tell Tamer.

I'm not defending the actions or the comments by posters on that page. No doubt they'll get their peepee slapped pretty good.  What I'm arguing is that there isn't just a few bad apples in Islam, it's a serious world-wide problem. 

ArmyRick said:
jarnhamar,

???

Curious, ArmyRick, where this is coming all of a sudden?  Is this the first time you've read one of Jarnhammer's posts?  Not familiar with his posting history?

The fact that Mike Bobbitt has approved Jarnhammer as a mentor should at least give some indication of his credentials.  Yes, profile information can be reasonable information expectation, but of course, someone could also put anything in their profile.  As well, some folks known to many on the site may also thin down their profile for a number of reasons.  Just wondering why the sudden concern?

I'll give you, Jarnhammer's not quite as suave and good looking in real life as some may be led to believe here, but he's a real guy.  Then again, I have a relatively thin profile for a number of reasons, so maybe I'm not to be trusted by you either...

:2c:

Regards
G2G

Jarnhamar said:
(Thanks)

Armyrick,

Respectfully I don't think someones military experience make a difference either way when pointing out the quantity of Islamic terrorist attacks going on in the world every day.  If I felt it was relevant to the topic at hand I'd be happy to PM you but I don't believe it is.

The Halo world is probably an ironic thing to mention though. It's based around a convent of crazy religious aliens intent on wiping out humanity. Some of them even run towards you and blow themselves up    ;D

Here is a snapshot of Islamic-inspired terror attacks for December this month and a few from December last year I quickly pulled from Wikipedia because I;m half-assed.
One year ago around this time. Notable attacks this month.
I'm not defending the actions or the comments by posters on that page. No doubt they'll get their peepee slapped pretty good.  What I'm arguing is that there isn't just a few bad apples in Islam, it's a serious world-wide problem.

I never even thought of this!  That's hilarious!

Funny how things you write are judged by what your profile says about you.

ArmyRick said:
jarnhamar,

I know him personally and worked with him on one of his several stints overseas. He has absolutely nothing to prove to anyone here. I vouch for him. His desire for some PERSEC is laudable, understandable, and in no way impacts positively or negatively on the merit of his opinions in their own right.

My question is very straight forward. I do not know him. When I read jarnhamar experience on profile, I want to know if its a teenage recruit or a seasoned vet I am dealing with.

Agreed on the Islamic extremist part but this whole thread is about some CF and others stepping outside their arcs on conduct. Seems we are deviating. Split?

Back