• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is the US Navy overrated ??

Collin.t

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.knightsbridgeuniversity.com/documents/is%20the%20us.%20navy%20overrated.pdf

Good report for everyone to read, it's quite long though but it talks alot about the canadian navy also.

The media should read it too before they broadcast all their horror stories about our Navy

Very good link.  I read and skimmed most of it and I see several mistakes.  The author quotes individual and groups, but he is wrong in many cases.  Unfortunately most of the info I would like to comment on is classified.  I have flown ASW for 18 years now, against Russians, US, UK, CA, AUS, NOR, NE, GE, PE, PO, SP, FR, DAN, IT, GR, TU, SWE, & PO subs.  Yes SSKs are deadly.  Yes they MAY be quieter than SSNs.  Unlike us and the UK, the USN has realized they have made a mistake ignoring ASW and are currently taking measures to resurrect ASW capability.  The UK has significantly cut back on ASW resources/platforms.  We are talking about it.  As I have posted before, the CP-140, Sea King and a Halifax Class ship working together are a formindable ASW team.  I pray we do not lose or forget that. 

Great article, very interesting.  I will be sharing it at work (unquoted of course as per the author's request)

Bill :cdn:

A long but great read. Very "patriot uplift moments" for canadians like myself i am sure. I applaud our armed forces of the past, present, and future.

Crown-Loyal said:
A long but great read. Very "patriot uplift moments" for canadians like myself i am sure. I applaud our armed forces of the past, present, and future.

Thanks...you are in a cool outfit too....say hello to my niece she's a constable with Abbotsford detachment...tall good looking blonde...Catherine....just tell her "your Uncle the Padre says hello!" That'll get her going...like "how do you know my uncle is a Padre?" lol ;D

Back