• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is Starbucks trying to woo Tim’s regulars by going blonde?

PMedMoe said:
A Krug?  Do you mean a Keurig?  I have one of those (both at home and in TO).  I've never used the filter yet, but I have found several flavours/brands of coffee that I like.  The darker the better.

Green Mountain Dark Magic, Folger's Midnight Magic, Emeril's Big Easy Bold are some examples.

Yes, sorry that's the correct spelling.  You see, it's not my machine...  :facepalm:  I did originally purchase some K cups from Sobeys.  They were Sobeys brand, and have Folgers Black Silk for the coffee.  I really like it and will try that  blend in the reusable filter as I see Sobeys also carries it as grounds.

CDN Aviator said:
I would rather pay $5.48 for a 20 oz late at Starbucks than get that machine crap that McD or Timmies sells. Regular coffe at Timmes tastes like it was filtered through the kidney's of a deseased dog.........

Sorry, but Edmund Blackadder was anticipating Starbucks during the Regency, and already had them pinged.

"A cup of your best hot water with brown grit in it -- unless, of course,  by some miracle, your coffee shop has started selling coffee."

George Wallace said:
Nah!...Starbucks is going "Healthy".  Lighter roasted coffee beans are healthier than Dark roasted.  They are just trying to keep up their "healthier yuppie" image.

Healthier? In what sense? Lighter roasted beans carry a heavier wallop of caffeine, the "unhealthy" component in coffee to many people.

As for the K-Cup discussion - my staff and I headed over to Kabul sent a machine and a massive supply of coffee over in our UAB. We heard the coffee there sucks, so we're prepared.

The only unhealthy thing in coffee is all the cream and sugar people dump into perfectly good coffee and screw it up.

I drink my coffee black, with no sugar. Timmy's coffee has little flavour; I only drink it if nothing else is available and I need a coffee. As a matter of fact, I don't know many people that drink black coffee that like Tim's.  The very best Keurig coffee I have ever had was Green Mountain Dark magic. Now THAT'S coffee!

uptheglens said:
Sorry, but Edmund Blackadder was anticipating Starbucks during the Regency, and already had them pinged.

"A cup of your best hot water with brown grit in it -- unless, of course,  by some miracle, your coffee shop has started selling coffee."

Ah, the eminently brilliant Blackadder!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEYyjVuk5M8

Prior to Starbucks, we used to buy expresso coffee in the can from an Italian place and use it in a drip filter. I appreciate that Starbucks brought the first functional coffee cup lid to the market. I used to drink their stuff, but my stomach won’t handle much of it now, hence the reason I go to Tim’s, their coffee is not the best, but it’s easy on the stomach and on the pocketbook. Keeping to a coffee/lunch budget in downtown Vancouver is not easy.

Back