• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is Camp Required For Staff?

C/Sgt. King

Inactive
Reaction score
ok..so here's my story..5 yrs ago i was a whiney little kid who's 1st time way from home was Basic. I ended up staying 1 week and going home. I never went back..becuz bad karma.. it was like it would be just one bad experience. I did NSCE this year and place 4th in my region. I then proceeded to kick myself becuz i couldn't get an exchange becuz i had no camp. So i applied for staff and because of the fact that I had no camp, I was rejected.

Is camp necessary for a cadet to be accepted into Staff?

I know somebody who got staff but never went to a camp before. So the answer in my opinion is no.

is there anything that can be done by a person who has been rejected to better their chances for acceptance next yr?

LOL  ;) I always work hard... KUDOS TO ALL 2824 NCOS- those doing staff at Blackdown, those doing Para and those in Scotland and England, and One indivividual who will be heading to the Dominican in September.. GRRR..  ;D

If they wont let you in for Staff, try going straight into a CLI Series course (Depending on age) also there is also an age minimum of 16 to do Staff

Blackdown won't let you skip CL. Period.

AFAIK, you need camp to get any teaching staff position. The only thing you could go for would be an admin/support staff position.
I ended up in a similar position as I always needed a summer job, throughout my time in cadets and $240 in six weeks would not have cut it.
So I ended up as 18 years old and there only being about three positions I could apply for. Fortunately I was able to work as the photographer, which helped launch my part-time/semi-pro photography work that I do when I'm not a full-time Flight Paramedic.

Cant skip CL my ass....all our CL''s were moved up to CLI this year! most of them had never done a course before but were in CLI so dont even go there Kyle!!!

Shh that post was made before they decided to contradict me. ::)

i am pretty sure a WO from my corp that did NSCE and placed 3rd in region (i think) went and did staff at blackdown. she had never done a camp before. my guess is they will only hire you if they are desprate. but from what i have been told blackdowns staffing situation was pretty good this year. but is it true that there was no pre course for staff this summer?

Sometimes staff cadets dont do a camp or a more senior course and end up with a high staff position through administrative errors.  One staff ended up as a platoon WO in VACC through an error.  They corrected the error and busted him down to MCPL for HQ or something like that ;D so to answer your question yes you do need to go to camp and be at least 16 to staff at a CSTC

ryanmann356 said:
Sometimes staff cadets dont do a camp or a more senior course and end up with a high staff position through administrative errors.   One staff ended up as a platoon WO in VACC through an error.   They corrected the error and busted him down to MCPL for HQ or something like that ;D so to answer your question yes you do need to go to camp and be at least 16 to staff at a CSTC
If this is the same staff cadet I am thinking of (Please PM me who you think it is, and I can confirm), then it was no error. He had taken a CL course, and was put into a CL Pl WO position, which is no error.

This year at Blackdown there were cadets attending CLI for there first year at camp. Do you need to attend CLI to be staff "NO" if you have NSCE or even Gold Star you will be considered for a staff position with no pre summer cadet camp experience. But you must be 16 years old.  :salute:

Well then thats good.  I'd hate to be screwed for staff because my course staff were idiots.

-Hutch- said:
i am pretty sure a WO from my corp that did NSCE and placed 3rd in region (i think) went and did staff at blackdown. she had never done a camp before. my guess is they will only hire you if they are desprate. but from what i have been told blackdowns staffing situation was pretty good this year. but is it true that there was no pre course for staff this summer?
PM me with a name and I can try and recall if they were on staff this year or not.   Blackdown cut staffing positions in all aspects of the camp so they were not as under staffed this year but only due to less staff vacancies.   There definatly was a staff cadet precourse .... I wonder where that rumour started from.

Kyle Burrows said:
Well then thats good.   I'd hate to be screwed for staff because my course staff were idiots.
I would hope that your not referring to your course staff from this past summer.   If you are, then I would hope that as a moderator you would have the professionalism to not discredit individuals in such a manner.   From my perspective, all the staff in that company did their job ... some required motivation and correction but in the end they all did what they were there to do ... and that was to train cadets, and to serve in a leadership capacity.   Also, I suggest that you do a summer as a staff cadet before you even begin to critisize one.

First off I was reffering to comments made by the OC to myself which basically dismissed my existance.  Also I may be a moderator, but I am also a member and as such it is MY opinion.

The only thing you can do, is vow to try and do better than the "Moron" Staff Cadet (You will encounter at least one in your Career) When you are in a similar position of authority.

Edit: Spelling & Punctuation

If you read the post it wasn't a staff cadet.  This is all I will say on this matter.

Kyle Burrows said:
If you read the post it wasn't a staff cadet.   This is all I will say on this matter.
Well I could repeat my post to speak about the officers that I worked with as well, but I will let this matter rest as it is finished.

Back