• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interview and medical required documents?

Mikejc99

Inactive
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

Tomorrow morning I have an interview and I'm worried I might haveforgotten something important. I have the print out I need to sign for my medical and some good clothes picked out and photo ID. But am unsure if I'm supposed to bring a resume.

I know I filled out job history and everything when first applying, but am I supposed to bring a physical copy of my resume?

Also will eating certain things for breakfast negatively effect my medical? I know not to drink caffeine or smoke before my appointment, but would like to get the best possible results.

My apologies if these questions were asked before. I was unable to find anything about bringing a resume, just stuff about poorly thrown together resumes being a bad idea. (Just double checking if that means to bring one)

Thank you for reading.

Mikejc99 said:
Good morning everyone,
Tomorrow morning I have an interview and I'm worried I might haveforgotten something important. I have the print out I need to sign for my medical and some good clothes picked out and photo ID. But am unsure if I'm supposed to bring a resume.
I know I filled out job history and everything when first applying, but am I supposed to bring a physical copy of my resume?
Also will eating certain things for breakfast negatively effect my medical? I know not to drink caffeine or smoke before my appointment, but would like to get the best possible results.
My apologies if these questions were asked before. I was unable to find anything about bringing a resume, just stuff about poorly thrown together resumes being a bad idea. (Just double checking if that means to bring one)
Thank you for reading.

Information regarding the Medical and Interview process are shown at the following links:

Medical - http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100#tab5

"To prepare for your physical, we suggest that you:

do not smoke on the day of the exam
    do not drink caffeine the day of the exam
    limit exposure to loud noises for 48 hours
    wear your glasses, if you normally wear glasses or contacts:
        Soft contact lenses should be removed 24 hours before the exam
        Rigid Gas Permeable lenses should be removed 72 hours before the exam
    bring a pair of shorts & t-shirt to wear during the exam, but we do provide a disposable gown and shorts."

The medical exam is very non-invasive and consists of a questionnaire and cursory exam by qualified CAF Health Care Professionals.  Nothing to be overly concerned about.

Interview - http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100#tab6

The interview is fairly straight forward and you will be asked questions associated with what is shown at the link above.  There is no real requirement to bring a resume with you to the interview, however, if you do have something available to provide, then your interviewing MCC will appreciate the gesture.  It may help the MCC in completing their interview report but it's not a critical requirement.

If your Medical is scheduled prior to your Interview, you can show up in your shorts/t-shirt and then change into more proper attire for the Interview.  Good luck, relax, be yourself and enjoy the experience.    :salute:

Back