• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Inquiry about the shuttle run

Status
Not open for further replies.
R_Collins said:
While the issue is something that still needs to be sorted out, I don't think it's a big concern for me. I tested myself today on a treadmill, 1% grade, starting at 8.5km/h and ranking up .5km/h every minute, and I got to 12.0km/h after 8 minutes without it winding me much at all, which would be the equivalent of level 8. Would have gone further if the treadmill didn't crap out on me. I know this isn't a stop and go, like the shuttle run is, but I should be able to train myself well enough in the next week and a half with this cardio so that I'll be sufficient.

By the way, the inquiry was with regards to the IAP under the ROTP program, if people missed that and/or it makes any difference, and I've already been sworn in.

Doesn't sound like you have much to worry about, I wouldnt stress over it. Train as much as you can before you go, instead of aiming for a pass aim for the exempt level... depending on your age (Mine was level 10.5 im 21 .. i think it was like 19-22 or something similiar) then from there you have to score a total of roughly 175 points.. handgrip, pushups and situps combined.. its not hard to obtain, just remember to push yourself!

govenor_mac said:
Ok people.....HERE is a FACT. My son DIDNOT pass the run  in the endurance test on the 4th day of Basic(4.5 / 6). He is now in his second month in pat platoon and doing his fouth week of remedial training. He is passing it every Friday and doing better each time. He can't wait for basic to start which he is told is Sept. He even has a personal trainer lined up for the summer. CF is always there to help their recruits if they want to be helped.

Well there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back