• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Tactics

There truly is nothing new under the sun.

Attachments

• MG Cart 1917.jpg
    MG Cart 1917.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 4
There truly is nothing new under the sun.

Ditto

1722267251692.png

To my eye there is an increasing divergence between Mech Infantry and Light Infantry.

Based on what? Do you think that mechanized infantry try isn’t using SUAS?

I read that article and I don’t see the squad as having some how expanded its area of interest, rather it can observe that distance via a remote sensor instead of with direct EO sensors. We could always see 5 k in front of us, it’s just a) coverage and b) capacity to observe from cover that’s increased.

I don’t know that I see drones as a replacement for for ward observers, I think that’s ignoring 60-70 percent of what the observers are doing and focusing simply on the literal definition.

Based on what? Do you think that mechanized infantry try isn’t using SUAS?

I read that article and I don’t see the squad as having some how expanded its area of interest, rather it can observe that distance via a remote sensor instead of with direct EO sensors. We could always see 5 k in front of us, it’s just a) coverage and b) capacity to observe from cover that’s increased.

I don’t know that I see drones as a replacement for for ward observers, I think that’s ignoring 60-70 percent of what the observers are doing and focusing simply on the literal definition.
Is there some hope that forward observers be less detectable than a drone, plus better endurance and a bunch of other things I'm unaware of?

Back