• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Recce Course

cilarnen

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm not asking how to get on it for starters. what i'm actually curious about it is the actual content of the course. See I'm in the artillery and i'm just curious about what happens on the course but no one from my unit has any idea because they are all artillery. However i know what happens during the artillery recce course, so i'm just kinda curious what our infanteer brothers do.

There's quite a bit of info taught throughout the course:
Mainly navigation with both compass and DAGR GPS, map reading and understanding, patrols (the different types and associated techniques [constructing OP's, collecting info, etc]) STANO (Surveillance Target Acquisition Night Optics) usage,  Armoured Fighting Vehicle Recognition, tracking, watermanship (assault boats, improvised flotation devices [Rucksac]) and there's a bit on setting up landing zones and Call for Fire. These are the main points with all sorts of cool tidbits packed in between them.

A large portion of the course is learning to work within a Recce detachment context, as Plt. Cmdr, 2IC, Sigs, and Nav.
Also the Orders format is covered, you write orders and present your plan for your particular mission then carry it out, tweaking it inevitably as the situation develops (ie. your Nav took a back bearing or you're slowed down going through a swamp [Always])

This is only for the Basic Recce Course.
Hope it helps.

Back