• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry re-opening?

The guy doing the interview for me said college / university grade can be used to bump up how good an app is. I'm sure working 5+ years in one place can bump up that grade as well, but I doubt 5 years is the end all to your app...

Recruiter 1 "Hey look at this guy, finished top of his class at a 3 year business school"

Recruiter 2 "Thats it? This guy scooped poop out of kid pools for 5 years. I think we both know who the real go getter here is"

I personally think any just about any job. A history of a long employment with one work place shows them you may work with the CF longer then a guy who has a history or 7 jobs in one year. In the same boat, someone finishing what every course they did, with good marks probably shows them that they have the drive to do what ever their goal was / stick to it.

Trick said:
I think people are going to take this "5 years work experience" thing out of context. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that if one goes to school for a few years, does well, and gets a good job for ~2 years that's going to impress more than flipping burgers for 5 years.
Your limb just broke.  Thats not how the PPR works or what is used for.  I already explained it's purpose.  Perhaps if you read what I wrote and refrained from guessing on stuff you are not an authority on by your own admission.
[/quote]

John_NL said:
The guy doing the interview for me said college / university grade can be used to bump up how good an app is. I'm sure working 5+ years in one place can bump up that grade as well, but I doubt 5 years is the end all to your app...

Recruiter 1 "Hey look at this guy, finished top of his class at a 3 year business school"

Recruiter 2 "Thats it? This guy scooped poop out of kid pools for 5 years. I think we both know who the real go getter here is"

I personally think any just about any job. A history of a long employment with one work place shows them you may work with the CF longer then a guy who has a history or 7 jobs in one year. In the same boat, someone finishing what every course they did, with good marks probably shows them that they have the drive to do what ever their goal was / stick to it.

Same with you.  Recruiters aren't the arbiters of whether or not you will be successful, the MCC's are.  The recruiters job is to take make sure you meet basical eligibility, give prospects information about the CF, and a few other things.  They DO NOT evaluate your quals or job experience, MCC's do that. The PPR (once again for those who didn't read my post the first time) is a fairly rigid grid scoring system.  There isn't anything really to interpret.  Its also not a deal breaker, if you have a high PPR score, it just means we will process your file faster, because based on our stats, those with a high PPR tend to have a better chance of being selected, but thats not always the case.  And with our limited resources its a quick tool to figure out who we should spend time moving through the system. 

Before a mod steps in to remind people, if you have no first hand knowledge of how/why CFRCs do what we do, then refrain from guessing and assuming things. 

I'm a little confused, didn't you say:

Hatchet Man said:
Basically is its a prescreening tool used by the recruiters to determine which files should be processed quickly.  It takes into account work history, education, volunteer experience and physical activity.

I don't mean to portray myself as an expert, I was just talking from my own experience with recruiting. I was a 4, one point shy of a 5 and I've spent the last 7 years in school with just a smattering of part-time or summer jobs in between.

It doesn't matter for me since I'm past that point, but for everyone else, is PPR based solely on work history, or all the things listed above?

Trick said:
I'm a little confused, didn't you say:

I don't mean to portray myself as an expert, I was just talking from my own experience with recruiting. I was a 4, one point shy of a 5 and I've spent the last 7 years in school with just a smattering of part-time or summer jobs in between.

It doesn't matter for me since I'm past that point, but for everyone else, is PPR based solely on work history, or all the things listed above?

I know what I said, your are assuming that the earlier part of the recruiting proces goes into far more depth in the early stages (particularly figuring out your PPR) than is actually the case.  All those factors make up the PPR, but only insofar as to figure out where you place on the points grid.  2 years work history = x points, 5 years = y points.  The pertinant details such as where you worked and what you did are irrelevant for the most part (caveat is you can score higher if your work history is MOSID related ie you work as a mechanic and you are applying for Vehicle Technician).

HM, stop. You know damned well by now that the applicants are the hands down "experts" in all this. Please keep your "facts", "expertise" and "explanations" to yourself. We value "staying in your lane" here.

Ok, I think I misunderstood what you were getting at. I was just relating my own experience because I didn't want people thinking the only way to get a high PPR is normal "work experience".

CDN Aviator said:
HM, stop. You know damned well by now that the applicants are the hands down "experts" in all this. Please keep your "facts", "expertise" and "explanations" to yourself. We value "staying in your lane" here.

I know I know but I am a CrossFitter, which means I am a crazy masochist  8)

Back