• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I'm in!!....Well 99% of the way at least

Trimmen

Inactive
Reaction score
So, I received the word last week that I've been placed (informally) on a course for Aug 18Th. I have applied for DEO Infantry and have been waiting for almost 2 years, but its Finlay happening. I just wanted to thank the Army.ca staffers, the members and particularly Michael O'Leary for all of the insightful info that you have provided for both myself but even more importantly, my wife.
thanks and see you soon!
Erik
PS
For any of you interested or involved the recruiting process I have some advice for you. BE PROACTIVE! call the office/case counsellor every 4 weeks/month. tell them that your just touching base with them regarding the progress of your file. Don't be upset if you don't get the answer you want, and don't be needy. Most importantly, carry on with your life! Don't make the mistake of keeping yourself in limbo. You will only drag other people in your life, disconnected and disinterested, in to it.

Good stuff! I was told last week they got word from Ottawa I'm officially in. Just waiting to be assigned to a "group." Not completely sure what that means, but I'll take it

It means that your  NCM/Officer (whatever applies) with out an assigned course. Your in! Consider yourself an official candidate without pay and an assigned course if you will. Now go and get drunk!!

Back