• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I'm in but my file manager won't respond to my emails/calls - Advice please!

HollyBird

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all,

I got 'the call' from my recruiter and I'm in!  I'm supposed to start basic in May but I haven't received official confirmation yet.  I've been directed to a file manager who is supposed to guide me through the next step but they aren't responding to my inquiries. 

I'm a little nervous about the situation because I need to give my current employer the proper notice to resign and I don't want to resign without confirmation of my new position. 

Has anyone encountered this situation before?  What advice can you give me?

Thanks so much!

HollyBird said:
Hello all,

I got 'the call' from my recruiter and I'm in!  I'm supposed to start basic in May but I haven't received official confirmation yet.  I've been directed to a file manager who is supposed to guide me through the next step but they aren't responding to my inquiries. 

I'm a little nervous about the situation because I need to give my current employer the proper notice to resign and I don't want to resign without confirmation of my new position. 

Thanks so much!

How many emails have you sent, how many times have you called them? You're not the only recruit be patient and you will be rewarded, keep in mind they could be out doing exercises or they could not be there. File Managers are people too. I suggest being patient its difficult I know but just leave them one email and wait.

Thank you for your reply.  I have sent only a couple of emails (one to ask for the next step and another to ask about a plain, quick confirmation that yes, it's okay to quit my current job) and have left a couple of voice mails. 

I'm a little nervous as I had to go through a lot in the recruiting process.  To spare the sordid details, I really had to advocate for myself and follow up or I never would have received this offer.

I suppose my main question is, is it possible for an offer the "fall through" after "the call" has been received?  Or is that about a firm an offer can be?

Thank you again!

HollyBird said:
Thank you for your reply.  I have sent only a couple of emails (one to ask for the next step and another to ask about a plain, quick confirmation that yes, it's okay to quit my current job) and have left a couple of voice mails. 

I'm a little nervous as I had to go through a lot in the recruiting process.  To spare the sordid details, I really had to advocate for myself and follow up or I never would have received this offer.

I suppose my main question is, is it possible for an offer the "fall through" after "the call" has been received?  Or is that about a firm an offer can be?

Thank you again!

I cannot answer your question as you can see I am still in the application process, but from what I have read as soon as you accept an offer your in.

My actual "job offer" didnt get emailed to me till about a week after i got the call from my file manager. So be patient. I'm no expert on Military Administration (guys like DAA are the ones to ask (I'm pretty sure he knows everything)), but as general rule for life I don't trust anything until i see it in writing and its signed.

However, that being said as soon as I got my call I told my employer right away. That way they can prepare to lose you and if god forbid anything go wrong with your offer can afford to keep you on as an employee.

verstrat10 said:
I'm no expert on Military Administration (guys like DAA are the ones to ask (I'm pretty sure he knows everything)), but as general rule for life I don't trust anything until i see it in writing and its signed.

Pretty Solid advice.

I wouldn't act on anything until you get the real deal. (Quit your job) When I got in I was given a congratulations email and that my letter of offer would be given soon. That being said ROTP applicants are the priority right now.  If you can, go in person.

If you cant, wait out and poke every two or three weeks.

I wouldn't worry, you'll encounter plenty of very enjoyable bureaucracy as your career goes on. If they gave you an offer on the phone and you accepted then it's pretty much sure. I'd say if after a week from now you still haven't had any news, then call the recruiter that called you, or show up in person if the recruiting center is close by, but again, don't fret too much.

May be worth noting it's the end of the fiscal year and people are burning up any and all remaining leave...

I accepted my offer right on the phone, however I did have to sign and send back an acceptance letter that was emailed to me right away for it to be " official." They also sent along a bunch of other forms that I need to take to my swearing in. I'm waiting until after I swear in to let my current employer know a month is still plenty of notice in my books.

Thank you all.  It seems that this is pretty normal stuff.  So I assume no one has heard of an offer being revoked or anything like that after 'the call' is made?

HollyBird said:
Thank you all.  It seems that this is pretty normal stuff.  So I assume no one has heard of an offer being revoked or anything like that after 'the call' is made?

I mean It could happen, I had a friend who got accepted for a paid college program, then it turned out they called the wrong guy....

I have also been loaded on course and then been told sorry we don't have enough instructors.  I have also been told I wasn't loaded on a course I didn't even know was happening...

Thats why, especially with the military until you get it in writing it isn't best to act on it. Just keep at them, call every two weeks and ask for a letter of offer.

Even with the lastest civvy job  I got I was told hey your in congrats and two weeks later I got my letter of offer.

You Likely should have no problems, but again I wouldn't quit your job until you get a hard copy of the letter.

Just my 0.02

HollyBird said:
Hello all,

Thanks so much!

Hi, just wondering; were you part of the March 18th selections?

Back