• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I want to join the special forces for the Canadian military...

Status
Not open for further replies.

giver

Inactive
Reaction score
For my interview I signed up for Naval Electronic Technician, but I'm not quite sure about it. I'm good with computers, smart but I'm also very athletic. I think it would be a lot more exciting to do something like SWAT then to do some tedious electronic job.

What exactly are requirements for it? Do know where I can find more information about this? If I have a chance at it, should I at least try it instead of being a Naval technician?

Search is your friend...look for JTF2 basic entry requirements.  Probably lots of PT and ability to take orders, word for word.  I would say that you've got a few years ahead before that happens.  Should've gone infantry or any other combat arms.
Regards and good luck, BYTD

You cant join the special forces right off the street.  You need a few years in (not sure how many) and you need to be trades qualified.

Your best bet is to go infantry if SOF is where your ultimate endstate is.

ltmaverick25 said:
Your best bet is to go infantry if SOF is where your ultimate endstate is.
One can become an operator from any occupation.  Let's not be leading people astray as they are coming in the front door.  Selection for JTF 2, CSOR or CJIRU is not a sure thing for anyone.  Therefore, when applying to join the CF a person with Special Operations asperations should still select an occupation in which they are interested even if the Special Operations thing never happens.

giver,
If you want to join our special operations forces, then best of luck to you.  For more information, I'd suggest you do some searches here:  http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/board,73.0.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back