• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I ♥ mortars (from: Combat Support Company?)

The way old becomes new again, I fgure it is only a matter of time beofre the inf get their tubes back.  The 50's came back, the tanks came back, 155 guns came round( after the nonsense MOBAT was turfed).  A bunch of peace time ideas failed now that fighting is going on, thnakfully the problems are being solved fairly quickly, before the big skill fade sets in.   

I don't think you will find many Gunners claiming the mortars should be in the Bty rather than the Bn. It was a weak reason to take them away and soon I hope they will go back to where they belong....Inf Bn Sp Coy.

On the same point why would the guns want to keep them, 120s maybe but not 81s? They are too small and not accurate enough for what the guns are supposed to be doing. Local def?....sounds like a waste of a resource.

More RCR pictures... First one, I believe, is the last shoot for 2RCR

10_2rcr_cf2002_mortars_lastshoot20S.jpg

Germany... Munster...

mor-munster4.jpg

mor-munster1.jpg

mor-munster2.jpg

rg06-regimental_banner.jpg

ProPatria Mike said:
More RCR pictures... First one, I believe, is the last shoot for 2RCR

10_2rcr_cf2002_mortars_lastshoot20S.jpg

Yes, this photo is indeed 2 RCR on its last shoot.  It was September 2002, firing in support of STAUNCH GLADIATOR, the annual firepower demo for Staff College candidates out of Toronto.  This I know because I am in that photo.  Five cents to whomever picks me out of that lineup!  $$$

There is only 2 without cam paint that I can tell, one with a mustache, one without.  Senior NCO and officer I presume.

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
There is only 2 without cam paint that I can tell, one with a mustache, one without.  Senior NCO and officer I presume.

Oh you mean those little mascara smudges constitute a proper cam job 8)

Actually, all wrong.  I'm the guy in the middle, NEXT to the guy with the wee moustache sans cam paint.  Reference the BAD at the end of the mortar tube, I'm on the right as you look at it, standing

:D

I get to keep my money!

HA

:D

ArmyRick said:
Is Howie Bruce in that picture?
Sadly, no.  He was one of the MFCs in the platoon when it was stood down; however, he was already "posted" to another company when this shoot happened.  We maintained just the one MFC party until SG was over. 

Back