• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

how smart do you have to be to be an air force pilot?

castle123

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
i was just wondering how smart do i have to be to be a pilot. what things are most important and the least important
thanks in advance>

:cdn:regards:matthew

Well, you need a university education with strong math and physics skills. Not sure if you consider university smart or not, but you need to have it.

Cheers

Anything, but if you've got the smarts for it, I'd say some sort of engineering degree would make your life a lot easier when learning to fly.

I also have my sights set on becoming a pilot. I had planned on getting my degree in either physics or space science rather then engineering, just because I've always had a fascination with that sort of stuff. However, I have been thinking about mechanical or systems engineering as well. Does it make that much of a difference that I should choose an engineering degree, or just go with whatever interests me?

Do whatever interests you...  The subject is trivial, it's the degree that the CF wants.  My degree was a BSc in Geography and Environmental Sciences.  I didn't really think I was going to get a work-related job from it, I just knew that I could stomach 4 years of that particular subject.  Besides, my last year equated to spending two weeks on a Cuba beach, drinking at the swim up bar - I got an A for that course!

well to tell you the truth the most important thing would be knowing the controls to the plane or whatever you wish to pilot, then you need to worry about the rest. I myself know no more then that so listen to the others on the other stuff.

How smart to you have to be to be an Airforce pilot.... not very, just have some good LCF (Look cool factor)

....just kinding but hey, that is too easy

You can teach the monkey to ride the bike but can he fix it?

Cripes what a loaded question.  Kinda feels like a hairy paw reaching out from under a bridge - but what the heck, I'll play.. ;D

[tongue in cheek on] Apparently, an American study conducted a few years back proved that any high-grade moron could be taught how to fly a taxi with wings.  Hitting the right target seems to be the hard part [tongue in cheek off]

Lemme put it this way, my bro in law has a degree in computer sciences, is smart as a whip and currently a Major in the air force.  He didn't make it through pilot training - he maintains the things instead.  Had nothing to do with smarts - everything to do with hand-eye coordination, rapidity of reaction - that sort of thing.  Have fun  >:D

I see some other guys beat me to it.

The only thing a pilot needs is:

Huge ego, (must be able to get helmet on)

Know how to apply the proper amount of hair gel; and

Be able to talk with his handsl  ;D

FSTO said:
I see some other guys beat me to it.

The only thing a pilot needs is:

Huge ego, (must be able to get helmet on)

Know how to apply the proper amount of hair gel; and

Be able to talk with his handsl   ;D

ahem....Water based hair gel, we don't like those fire hazards!  ;D

You guys forgot about the biggest watch on the planet Earth and the ability to attack it from it's six.  :threat:

Inch,

1 - Always know where you are
2 - Always look cool
3 - If lost, always look cool

Inch said:
ahem....Water based hair gel, we don't like those fire hazards!   ;D

Thank God. I was under the impression that there was a complete prohibition on hair care products. As a matter of fact, I have been experimenting with "natural" styling products (tree sap, moose droppings, armpit sweat) to offset the possible loss of my dippy doo.

Happy New year y'all.

AESOP,

Three things navs should only say:
1. Good job pilot,
2. No, your right pilot, it was my fault
3. I'll take the fat chick.

;)

Tree sap eh? You'll have to get your AESOp to add one last item to his check list....

Pilot's Helmet - Assist with removal

F***in' sap!

Inch said:
Tree sap eh? You'll have to get your AESOp to add one last item to his check list....

Pilot's Helmet - Assist with removal

F***in' sap!

To answer the original question " how smart do you have to be to be an air force pilot" i submit this :

not very much...you can't remove your helmet by yourself...you have to be rescued by a corporal !

Happy new year guys

Inch, see you in Shearwater in feb.....

aesop081 said:
To answer the original question " how smart do you have to be to be an air force pilot" i submit this :

not very much...you can't remove your helmet by yourself...you have to be rescued by a corporal !

Happy new year guys

Inch, see you in Shearwater in feb.....

"I say, be a good chap and help me get this bloody helmet off my beautifully sculpted hair, the tree sap seems to have stuck it on there quite well."

Are you saying you got Sea Things?

No......we are coming down with a gonzo for MOTIVEX........... 6-10 feb i think.......going to greenwood also

Back