• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How often do we wear hats in basic and on a ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderGirl

Inactive
Reaction score
I searched and couldn't find an answer so here I am.

I am applying for NavCom or sonar as soon as I get my transcripts back, and am just curious how often we have to wear hats starting in basic training and then being posted on a ship.

I really hate wearing anything on my head but realize hats are part of the uniform so my question is:

How OFTEN do we have to wear hats?  Thank you!

PuckChaser said:
You'll learn to like hats.

That's only because wearing hats all the time can help increase baldness.... and people will come to like how the hat can conceal the ever receeding hair-line  ;D

uncle-midget-Oddball said:
That's only because wearing hats all the time can help increase baldness.... and people will come to like how the hat can conceal the ever receeding hair-line  ;D

A self-fufilling prophecy... to be broken only by the mighty comb-over.

ha ha at least I can cover up a bad hair day. 

Nothing worse than the dreaded comb over!  Please just shave it bald!  eek

I love the military and its hats. I can think offhand of at least nine different kinds of issued hat that I've worn in uniform, not counting balaclavas.

In the Navy, by and large, you don't have to wear a hat at sea, especially if you're inside.  However, there will be times when they're required.  You may also have to wear protective headgear and of course, the ever fashionable flash hood.

When alongside in port, you generally only wear hats outside.  The Navy is not like the Army, we generally remove headdress when entering a building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back