• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How many waiting for AEC?

Thankyou Jr, I finally got the call today that i am on August 31st course. Thank God, the wait is finally over. I was told they will mail me enrolment package in a month time and the enrolment will officially take place sometime in July.
Regarding fitness, I got copy of Army Fitness Manual, i think its really good. It outlines a 12 week program. I am feeling better in this 2nd week. I will tray following this manual. I am just finishing some courses at University of Manitoba, and a microbiologist. But i always liked maths and physics i hope i can make through AEC tough courses. My name is Zahoor by the way. Whats your name and what was your profession.
sincerely

Zahoor said:
Thankyou Jr, I finally got the call today that i am on August 31st course. Thank God, the wait is finally over. I was told they will mail me enrolment package in a month time and the enrolment will officially take place sometime in July.
Regarding fitness, I got copy of Army Fitness Manual, i think its really good. It outlines a 12 week program. I am feeling better in this 2nd week. I will tray following this manual. I am just finishing some courses at University of Manitoba, and a microbiologist. But i always liked maths and physics i hope i can make through AEC tough courses. My name is Zahoor by the way. Whats your name and what was your profession.
sincerely

Hey, where were you able to get the copy of the Army Fitness Manual?  I have been offered a LOG position for the August BMOQ, I was trying to get AEC but I am still waiting for my vision to be re-evaluated.
Also for the AEC courses, from what I have been told, and from what I have read in other posts, they are that bad, AS LONG as you study and work hard.  You wouldn't have qualified for AEC if you didn't already have the smarts for it  ;)
Updated....just found the manual lol..cheers!
Good luck, and see you in August!

nickinguelph said:
You wouldn't have qualified for AEC if you didn't already have the smarts for it  ;)

Unfortunately this isn't the case.  A lot of people "qualify" for AEC with flying colours and fail miserably.  The CFAT as its been discussed here before, does not accurately predict success in your career course.  Thus the high failure rate.

05Mountie said:
Unfortunately this isn't the case.  A lot of people "qualify" for AEC with flying colours and fail miserably.  The CFAT as its been discussed here before, does not accurately predict success in your career course.  Thus the high failure rate.

Well the branch would disagree with you since they are the ones that requested that the CFAT cut-off score be raised for AEC applicants. Of course you are right that passing everything with flying colours does not guarantee success.  However, doing well on the CFAT does indicate a higher ability to learn than doing poorly on it does.  It would be interesting to know the success rates of AEC students before the increase in the CFAT cut-off score and after it.

Back