• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Holy Moly! BMQ Weekend Pre-Course?!

• Thread starter Thread starter Pvt_masooD
  • Start date Start date
P

Pvt_masooD

I just got a call from the M. Cpl. from my unit, apparently Im getting sworn in tomorrow (night)  ;D :salute:
He mentioned a "pre-course" happening this weekend and next weekend to prep recruits for BMQ,
can anyone clarify this?

It's a breeze, you're not marked or graded on it or anything (not even sure if it's compulsory)
You get a meal out of it and basically they just run by things like ranks, generally what's going to happen on the course, how to put your uniform on (rolling up the sleeves, maybe forming the beret, the boot blousers) and answering any questions you might have.
Don't worry about it, if I remember correctly it's fairly informal and also gives you a chance to meet some of the others from your unit going on BMQ.

Cheers

Che said:
It's a breeze, you're not marked or graded on it or anything (not even sure if it's compulsory)
You get a meal out of it and basically they just run by things like ranks, generally what's going to happen on the course, how to put your uniform on (rolling up the sleeves, maybe forming the beret, the boot blousers) and answering any questions you might have.
Don't worry about it, if I remember correctly it's fairly informal and also gives you a chance to meet some of the others from your unit going on BMQ.

Cheers

Sweet :)

Actually it's a formal course. In order for all pers to be avail for SG05 ARC 05 had to end at a certain date. To facilitate this it is the units responsibility to make sure that all SHARP trg is done 11 pdes I think, 28 pdes of First Aid and 18 or so of Drill w/o Arms.
If this isn't done troops can't go on crse.
Keep in mind I think this is only for the Centralized crse in K-town starting 04 Jul.

Hope this clears it up some.

And there we have it thanks to me, proof positive the internet is one of the worst sources for accurate information.

Had a thought though poppa; I assumed that when he said his "pre-course" was only 2 weekends that it was the informal one, I'm familiar with the one you're talking about a little as the Navy unit I was with did exactly that before sending off people to the summer BMQ and that was certainly mandatory, while the one I actually went on was 2 weekends (2 saturdays to be precise) and was as I described above.

32 Brigade is holding 2 "pre-course" weekends to complete SHARP training and first aid instructions.  This is to ensure that all material is taught on these courses as time is an issue this year and to ensure that max attendance of all pers on Stalwart Guardian in August.  It IS mandatory or else you will not "graduate" from BMQ/SQ courses and will more than likely have to repeat the course in either fall or winter, depending on when they (meaning battleschool) decides to run the course.

I believe that there is also a pre-BMQ in Kingston, instead of being conducted at the unit.

Back