• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Highway of Heroes Highway Signs Stolen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
good im glad you understand my point  ::)

it seems to be in accordance with almost all the other posts in this thread

Stealing a road sign or even pissing on a war memorial will never take even the slightest amount of honour dignity or pride away from our soldiers who have paid the ultimate sacrifice.

It's not worth getting upset over in my book. It reminds me of black or jewish kids spray painting swastika's. It's just ignorance and stupidity.
I take pride in the fact that these idiots live in a country where they're stealing signs and not getting killed by suicide bombers.
I'm not condoning their actions, I kinda hope they cut their hand on the signs and need painful tetanus shots, but I'm not gonna get upset over it.

IN HOC SIGNO said:
Really? Wow if this is CF members then we are really in trouble in this outfit. These signs honour the service of our fallen comrades, if there are CF members who think stealing these is a fun prank they should be severely disciplined. I highly doubt that this is done by people who wear the uniform.

I remember as a wee young lad, in Gagetown seeing the Tank Crossing Sign on the highway. I believe it was Shirley Rd (sp?). Boys, I wanted that sign.  ;D

But as a prank these days. Even with the Highway of Hero sign. I hope to god the police catch them before a CF member does.

I agree with Flawed Design.  If you really believe that a single road sign holds all the honour and dignity of the dead soldiers, then go ahead.  Many will disagree. Most people remember the soldiers, not the roadsign, Eddy.     So a roadsign or two has gone missing, not like it's never happened before!  Maybe the people or person who took it was the close friend of one of the deceased?  Maybe it was activists.  Who really cares?! Honestly, the people who get wrapped up in this sign thing, comparing it with DUI and murder and pissing on memorials are right out of 'er.  Remember, some people don't care about dead soldiers, and there is no law that says they have too.  Many of my friends have made that trip in a casket, and the fact that the signs are gone, oh well, too bad.  get over it  Eddy!!!

It's probably the same class of pinhead that swipes yellow ribbon magnets.

Two or three individuals who think the signs glorify war.

As long as the signs are replaced promptly - It's annoying, nothing more.

Just a thought.......

+1 to Flawed & Kiwi.

I think it was a dumb move to steal the signs BUT, when you think about it, the highway is no worse off than it was last menth - before the signs went up.

We celebrate / mark the highway of heroes each and everytime one of our fallen comes home and the good people who live and work between Trenton & Toronto come out and pay their respect to the fallen and the families who are grieving.,... "that's the sign I treasure"

CHIMO!

We celebrate / mark the highway of heroes each and everytime one of our fallen comes home and the good people who live and work between Trenton & Toronto come out and pay their respect to the fallen and the families who are grieving.,... "that's the sign I treasure"

+1

Some people are only alive because it's illegal to shoot them. The "people" that stole those signs fall into that category.

The thieves will recognize their error & feel the shame in due course - I am certain

I still have a street sign that I tried to rivet to my rifle  ;D , but the street sign for "Winchester Street" was a little too big. I ain't giving it back!!

fullmetalparka said:
Some people are only alive because it's illegal to shoot them. The "people" that stole those signs fall into that category.

So you would kill someone for stealing a road sign?

Would you also kill someone for having a different religion, Sahibi?

Flawed Design said:
So you would kill someone for stealing a road sign?

Would you also kill someone for having a different religion, Sahibi?

On a abstrack note: We've been doing that since Religion and you could say we're still doing it ?.

I guess it just comes down to WHO, WHERE or WHY.

Well it's good to see some rational, cooler heads prevail ie Kiwi, as opposed to some who seem to equate stealing street signs (whatever they say on them) with "crimes against humanity" and call for their shooting ie.fullmetalparka.

Remember folks, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Nobody here sin free, then quit playing judge, jury, executioner. ::)

2 Cdo said:
Well it's good to see some rational, cooler heads prevail ie Kiwi, as opposed to some who seem to equate stealing street signs (whatever they say on them) with "crimes against humanity" and call for their shooting ie.fullmetalparka.

Remember folks, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Nobody here sin free, then quit playing judge, jury, executioner. ::)

Way to go Kiwi! - Never heard anyone refer to you before as rational!  ;D

Teflon said:
Way to go Kiwi! - Never heard anyone refer to you before as rational!  ;D

+1

LOL

So how much do you think I can get for this sign on Ebay?

It's sad that some one would due this to a sign of this importance,  but there out  unfortunately from my home town of Trenton where I still live now .  Hopefully the sign will be found and restored to its right full place .        I just find it sad that these individuals don't see that these sign are not there to support the war  but to respect the troops who have given there life in the service of there  country .
        I know that I have had two sets of support the troops magnet stolen from the back of my car to fix it I took the third set and taped into the back of my rear hatch window some every one can see them but hopefully no one can steal them  but I guess you couldn't due that with a road sign .

I have heard of folks out here stealing signs and selling them for scrap metal. So may be that is the idea. Not out of "war protest" but someone making a few bucks.
Also copper wire is missing too around here. Quick way to make a buck. Sounds like Ricky's little girl stealing BBQ, and selling them at the flea market again. *Trailer Park Boys*

Regards,
Schultz

2 Cdo said:

i used that quote earlier just with different wording,  i like the way yours is worded better haha

The crime I think, is that this made the news.

When I was younger and mischevious...er. I stole a hell of a lot of signs, from for sale signs to road signs and everything between, I was just a dumb kid who thought he could impress his friends by taking signs, I never really thought of the consequences of stealing the sign. The money it costs, the work it takes, or the meaning of the signs, I just took them because it was fun. The signs I had were like little collections of bragging rights with me and my other sign stealing cohorts. I bet you at that age, I would have stolen one of those signs.

Send me to the firing squad. At the very least deport me for my horrible crimes. Because heaven forbid I was a stupid kid.

Hell, maybe it was an activist or something. Either way they didn't prove anything, all they did was steal a sign.

Uhhh.... An activist? (WTF is that supposed to mean?)

So Clayton, did you steal any stop signs?

Were you ever responsible for any kind of accident because a car failed to stop, failed to yield or dallied in an intersection a tad too long because the driver could not find the street's name?

Cheez, wouldn't that have been "fun" & worth bragging rights - to have caused injury & / or death ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back