• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

High Ranking Police Folk Allegedly Behaving Badly

and this is something the mainstream media ignore. we do "well being" checks and mental health apprehensions and criminal arrests 24/7/365. out of all of these thousands of contacts, were going to hurt or kill people. thats the cost of doing business and in Canada, almost never happens. yet we still get shit on. it is not easy being the societal illness whipping girls and boys. and for you CAF folks giving us the gears. fucking calm down. you use force once in a while. we use it every single day. mistakes will be made

Credit where credit is due: The RCMP terminated a probationary constable, and are now prosecuting him.

He must have nodded off when the criminal instructor at Depot summarized by saying 'and, oh, by the way, you can't do any of this stuff'.

REAL easy to turf someone on probation. ;)
True, but not wide open like it used to be. Back in the day you could be tossed for just about any reason. At least now it has to be for cause and, if performance-related, has to be progressive and documented.

He must have nodded off when the criminal instructor at Depot summarized by saying 'and, oh, by the way, you can't do any of this stuff'.

True, but not wide open like it used to be. Back in the day you could be tossed for just about any reason. At least now it has to be for cause and, if performance-related, has to be progressive and documented.

Rightly so.

and this is something the mainstream media ignore. we do "well being" checks and mental health apprehensions and criminal arrests 24/7/365. out of all of these thousands of contacts, were going to hurt or kill people. thats the cost of doing business and in Canada, almost never happens. yet we still get shit on. it is not easy being the societal illness whipping girls and boys.

Emergency services are easy targets for $ lawsuits. 24/7/365.

Which is why, at least back when I hired on, the credo was, "Never, EVER, admit the department has done anything wrong."

They meant it too,

Unlike police, doctors, lawyers and others, complaints against ( Toronto ) emergency medical service staff are investigated internally and in secret. The service never announces the results or what is done to fix the problem.

Nothing new about emergency services in our town getting sued. But, this $ amount caught my eye,

Family of Mississauga, Ont., man sues police, paramedics​

The family is seeking $101 million in damages.

The suit also alleges Peel paramedics failed to “provide the necessaries of life” for 20 minutes while Francique bled out.
“When the ambulance was finally called, Jamal was subjected to further negligence and injury,” the claim alleges. “He was further deprived of necessary, life-saving medical care when a decision was made to transport him to St. Michael’s Hospital, located 34 km and approximately 33 minutes away from the scene, while Credit Valley Hospital was only 2.3 km from the scene.”

Emergency services are easy targets for $ lawsuits. 24/7/365.

Which is why, at least back when I hired on, the credo was, "Never, EVER, admit the department has done anything wrong."

They meant it too,

Nothing new about emergency services in our town getting sued. But, this $ amount caught my eye,

Family of Mississauga, Ont., man sues police, paramedics​

I’ve been sued for an on the job situation. It was annoying, but my legal counsel was covered at public expense, so I didn’t need to worry much. I had the comfort of knowing that it was pretty BS from the start and that there was good evidence in my favour. At least for us we’re generally indemnified if our actions are in good faith in the course of our duties. That said, plenty of organizations will opt to settle and gag smaller stuff, even if dubious, as it’s deemed not worth the cost of fighting.

and this is something the mainstream media ignore. we do "well being" checks and mental health apprehensions and criminal arrests 24/7/365. out of all of these thousands of contacts, were going to hurt or kill people. thats the cost of doing business and in Canada, almost never happens. yet we still get shit on. it is not easy being the societal illness whipping girls and boys. and for you CAF folks giving us the gears. fucking calm down. you use force once in a while. we use it every single day. mistakes will be made
I agree - it has to be a tough job where perfection is expected every single day.

I agree - it has to be a tough job where perfection is expected every single day.

You work 9-1-1 X 40 hours per week for 35 years in the ashpalt jungle, they give you a pension.
Do the job. Live your life. Simple as that.

Perfection was not a requirement. Thankfully.

People at City Hall and HQ are paid to worry about the lawsuits, so you don't have to.

Unless you become a public disgrace, it's pretty hard to get kicked out. Transferred maybe....

Our dept. threw city taxpayer $ at people like beads at Mardi Gras.

Unlike police, doctors, lawyers and others, complaints against ( Toronto ) emergency medical service staff are investigated internally and in secret. The service never announces the results or what is done to fix the problem.

This piece of shit.

Ex-Mountie charged with foreign interference offenses, allegedly 'used knowledge and extensive network'

The RCMP says it has arrested and charged a retired RCMP officer with foreign interference-related offences.

William Majcher, 60, from Hong Kong, is accused of helping the Chinese government's efforts to "identify and intimidate an individual outside the scope of Canadian law."

"Mr. Majcher allegedly used his knowledge and his extensive network of contacts in Canada to obtain intelligence or services to benefit the People's Republic of China," said the RCMP in a statement.

Same guy ?

WT actual F?

Happy 150th RCMP-GRC, regardless of what these idiots say! ;)

Edmonton Corn Maze organizers apologize for RCMP design​

This year’s design is meant to commemorate the RCMP’s 150th anniversary with the 150 logo etched into the corn maze alongside a Mountie saluting.

On Friday, organizers released a statement to their Facebook page apologizing for the design.

“We recognize that our approach did not adequately take into account the hurt and harm that the RCMP’s history has caused in different communities,” the statement reads. “We acknowledge that such a portrayal may be perceived as insensitive and dismissive of these valid issues. We are sorry.”

WT actual F?

Happy 150th RCMP-GRC, regardless of what these idiots say! ;)

Edmonton Corn Maze organizers apologize for RCMP design​

This year’s design is meant to commemorate the RCMP’s 150th anniversary with the 150 logo etched into the corn maze alongside a Mountie saluting.

On Friday, organizers released a statement to their Facebook page apologizing for the design.

“We recognize that our approach did not adequately take into account the hurt and harm that the RCMP’s history has caused in different communities,” the statement reads. “We acknowledge that such a portrayal may be perceived as insensitive and dismissive of these valid issues. We are sorry.”

Simple solution to this - honour NO ONE - nobody at all. OR conversely tell them in a not so subtle way to "F*ck off"

Ottawa Police (several months ago, but not previously mentioned on this thread). Once again, it appears that there's some sort of Police Discount with the Crown for misconduct; a non-police officer would never have been permitted to plead out and get such minimal sanction after fifteen charges and eleven breaches of orders.

Staff Sgt. William Hinterberger was first charged by his own police force in October 2019.

The 15 charges against him included sexual assault, assault, aggravated assault, assault causing bodily harm, confinement, breach of trust by sharing a confidential Ottawa police intelligence report, several charges of possessing firearms without a licence, distributing an intimate image without consent, and damage to property under $5,000, all for incidents alleged to have occurred from September 2015 to September 2019.

The victim's identity is protected by a publication ban.

Hinterberger was then arrested twice for allegedly breaching orders a total of 11 times, first in November 2019 and again in January 2020.

Justice John Johnston, who normally presides elsewhere in Ontario, handed down a nine-month conditional sentence that includes six months of house arrest and three months of curfew between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m., with some exceptions.

After Hinterberger's house arrest and curfew, he will spend two years on a peace bond starting in December.

Hinterberger — who was represented by defence lawyers Richard Addelman and Samantha Robinson — was also ordered to pay a $1,200 victim surcharge within six months: $200 for each of the six counts he was convicted of. He is banned from possessing firearms for 10 years and was also ordered to submit a DNA sample.

Ottawa Police (several months ago, but not previously mentioned on this thread). Once again, it appears that there's some sort of Police Discount with the Crown for misconduct; a non-police officer would never have been permitted to plead out and get such minimal sanction after fifteen charges and eleven breaches of orders.

Everybody is getting discounts these days.

I would argue for a first time offender that sentence is both standard and reasonable whether a soon to be former police officer or not.

He was arrested twice for breaching 11 conditions. That’s entirely normal that all of those would be thrown away in the midst of all the bargaining that happens, you could watch twice or three times that translate to a $500 fine for someone with a multi page Criminal Record.

You are incredibly unaware of the system.

He was arrested twice for breaching 11 conditions. That’s entirely normal that all of those would be thrown away in the midst of all the bargaining that happens, you could watch twice or three times that translate to a $500 fine for someone with a multi page Criminal Record.

You are incredibly unaware of the system.
And I think to myself...
What a wonderful world..

Back