• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hello

• Thread starter Cyber_soldat
  • Start date
C

Cyber_soldat

Hi im Jordan, i just have a couple questions to ask about joining the army. I was about to join last year but i decided to wait while to think aboot it. I was wonder if you go for light infantry do you get a choice as to which base you will be based at or do they just force you to go where they want you to go? I was also wondering about some of the tests they do in basic traning my cousin was in the canadian army and my uncle was in the US army. I think she overexagerated it or something but she said that they make you do this test where you go though a small tube thats pitch black and you have to crawl in water until you get to the other side to help you get over claustrophobia or something, and also another test where they make you jog for 20 km straight is this true? If i did join i would like to make a coureer out of it, like maybe joining the jtf or something. Is there a big waiting list for hte jtf? I could either choose to go to the canadian army or the us army. I would like to get into the canadian army to defend my country but I would be also be protecting my country as an american soldier aswell... Only thing is I would feel i was betraying my country if i joined hte american army so i dont know if i should join them. I wrote a book here lol. well umm comment as you wish upon this post. thanks in advance.

Living in the States would be the number one influence for me for joining the US Army. I think that would play a larger part in it then betraying my country. That‘s if you have the citizenship of course.

Nobodies asked me to jog 20km straight, but sometimes it feels like that ;)

Your best bet is to go to a recruiter and find some stuff out about it. They would best be able to answer your questions. As for JTF? Think small, don‘t base a career in the Forces on being the star of the next video game. Most careers in the Forces don‘t have anything to do with JTF, and they are plenty successful so don‘t base it on that.

find as much information you can about it to fully make your decision. it depends where you are and what command your at. They usually don‘t ask you to jog 20km straight but if it‘s for a certain reason you might have to. You might have to do a test like that to help you get over claustrophobia, but if your not clostrophobic then thats the best. :p You should have a back-up career just in case because you don‘t know how things are going to turn out. Go for the army that best suites you, not anyone else. If you think that the Canadian Army is the best one to join to fight for your country then join it. Don‘t base your desicions on what other people think you should do. Joining the army is a big step to take so make your desicions wisely because they unfold your future.

O.K., before you go by "I heard", go see your local recruiter. You can find them in the phone book under recruiting, the web site is OK but speaking to someone face to face is a good way to answer all your questions. The CF is a good place to make a carreer if you‘re up for it. The best way to do it is to tell the recruiter what your interests are and once you know more information then come here and ask someone who is in that trade.

Back