• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hello From St. Jean

shaun_bougie

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone.  Just wanted to let you all know that I'm having a great time at St. Jean.  I'm in week 7 which means it's test week.  Now things are starting to get tense.  Next week and the week after I'll be in Farnham and then it's grad week.  If you're trying to get here, be very patient and make sure you're really ready for it.  It's not fun to see people get here and then want to leave right away because it wasn't for them.  If you're not big on team work, start thinking about it.  It's the base for everything that's done here.  If you can't work as a team player, they'll tell you straight out that they don't want you here at all. It's been done, trust me.  The days are long and the work is tough sometimes, but if you're lucky you'll get awesome instructors like mine and they'll be calm about stuff.  The one's that like to yell.....hilarious.  I love it,lol.  Anyhoo, I'm off.  If you have questions and stuff, I'll try to help out when I can, but it won't be often.
'
Peace

Shaun,

Just wanted to say hey and thanks for dropping us a line.  I was wondering how things were working out for you...looks like you're doing just fine.

All the best in the final stretch!

P.

Congrats for making it there Shaun.  Just remember to take things day by day, don't stress on the tests.  The weapons handling is the hardest one, but just take your time with it and pretend the weapon is your delicate woman.  hehe  Good luck at Farnham, you will probable learn lots.Also, have fun with the 13km march, it's great!  The only time it gets tough is the last km or so when you "know" your almost at the end.

Cheers!

Its still in as far as I know...its sans ruck though

The weapons handling test is easy cheese. I can field strip and reassemble blindfolded in 2 minutes. :D

Glad to see you're enjoying yourself though. I leave for SQ on Sunday. :p

The 13km is still there ( I did it a couple months ago) and it is with rucks, probably about 60lbs or so in it.

i did BMQ 2 years ago, and we didnt do the 13km march...
What we did do tho, was about 5 km full equiped (webbing,helmet,ruck,C7) to the shooting range and another 5 km to go back to the barracks.

AlphaCharlie said:
What course are you on? BMQ? SQ? Trades?

My course was 0403A, graduated April 16th.  I'm a Naval Electronics Technician (Tactical) (285).  I'm in Halifax right now waiting to do my NETP course then I'm off to the Martime Institute in St. Johns to get my diploma for my trade - it's going to be a blast!

Hey guess what.....good news for you.  The 13Km march is still in, it still has the ruck sack with it, and there is stuff in the ruck sack.  For whoever thinks that the ruck sack is out, wherever you heard that, it's not true.  I know cause I'm doing the march week after next.  Unless it's a reserve thing.  Could well be.  Anyway, I passed my weapons test and my drill test so I'm good to go.  Have to get going for now.  Talk to you all later.

Back