• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Happy Ho-Ho-Holidays!

fly down to Arizona to be with my mother and little sister

At first, I thought you were coming to visit ME! 

:)

Actually on christmas, not much, sister's place on the eve, grandmother's on the day.

BUT!! I'm heading to Newfie - land for New Years. If anyone's in the area and wants to get together for a beer, I'll keep a stool warm for ya.
(I'll be in and around St. John's selling fireworks)

I'm heading to Newfoundland also I leave for Deer Lake Tuesday, and drive up to St. Anthony Thursday. I'll be leaving the rock January 5th with (hopefully) a bag full of homemade wool socks, sweaters, toques and gloves, and a few other goodies that are hard to find out west :D

Flying home from the sand box to spend it with my family.
Can you believe it? The army actualy got me on a flight that would get me home before X-mass!

Christmas is always a special time of year.  When I served as a bootneck I used to head into town on a drinking session during the lunch time and evening with friends.  It was my way of letting my hair down.  However, some times I used to cut my leave short and meet up with some of my marine colleagues for a night on the town elsewhere in the UK.  I guess, the longer I served, the more remote I became from the local civilians whom I grew up with.  I also preferred being with my mates as they were at that time, the very best friends in the world, with whom I'd experienced hardships, danger and a great comradeship.

These days, after spending many years working away from home I spend the time with my family.  Being away from them really does make you appreciate how much you love them.

However, I still endeavour to keep in touch with my former military colleagues via telephone when we enjoy remenising about some of our experiences during our service together and in our terms "Swinging The lamp."

Regards

Steven Preece

Christmas down here should be great. Hopefully another 40 odd degree day, we'll go down to the Fathers house at the beach, drink copious amounts a Carlton Draught and be a very happy extended family. Then i'll transfer across to mums family, listen to the sisters (3 of them) argue in their still strong Irish accents before hooking in something cronic to the fantastic BBQ that Uncle Kevin always puts on.
And boxing day? Well of course we'll be watching the greatest game of earth of Boxing day, we'll be watching the cricket along with about 10 other million Australians and Poms! Biggest cricket game of the year!

Enjoy the Snow! Suckers!

Christmas Eve will be spent with mother and father-in-law, then with friends at Midnight Mass.  Christmas Day will do some visiting and then everyone will be here for a big dinner.  Only ones missing will be #1 son and his family who are in Arizona and can't make it home.  We wish everyone all the joys of the season and health and happiness for the New Year!

Well, my work rotation works out that I am off the weekend of Christmas :)  at the office where I have my 2nd job that is, Sat of that weekend, I am taking my daughter to visit my grandma in Hamilton. Mon; Christmas Morning I would usually have a homecare call from 09:30-11:00, but my client is going to let me come Christmas Eve in the morning, and that way she can also be up Christmas morning with her family that is coming to visit. After I go to my call Sun Morning, I am taking my daughter to see my Mom's side of the family. It's been a tradition for 30 yrs, actually when I became the first grandchild. Since I am going to be home Christmas Morning, that means I can enjoy my 6 yr old daughter's excitement and I think my Dad and his g/f are coming for breaky. Christmas Day I do have to work at 3pm though, but I am thankful to be off for the most part.....and get extra pay for working Christmas Day :)

Have a wonderful Holiday everyone

Rebecca

I'm planning on buying Santa a beer. AND I'll be joining him for a few.... (Thank You Ontario for Sleeman's Honey Brown. As for the rest, we'll never forgive you anyways)

Type in 'drink beer'.

http://www.simonsezsanta.com/

Honey Brown there is nothing like that stuff! And good call on offering Santa a Beer I'm sure he could use a break from the same 'ol milk and cookies thing.

We have apparently lost our minds and will be having the family over for Christmas dinner for the first time...  lol 

Hence, we are renovating like mad to get it all done before they show up!  Renovations can make a person cra-zeh!  :threat:

Nah...it'll all be good..  And Merry Christmas to everyone here!  Our best to you and yours.

My wife and I are looking forward to our first Christmas with our daughter (she's 8 months old). We've got a lot of visiting to do! Have to make sure I watch the World Juniors too! GO CANADA!

I wish everybody the best over the holidays!

ex-Highlander said:
We have apparently lost our minds and will be having the family over for Christmas dinner for the first time...  lol 

Hence, we are renovating like mad to get it all done before they show up!  Renovations can make a person cra-zeh!   :threat:

Nah...it'll all be good..  And Merry Christmas to everyone here!  Our best to you and yours.

I've had my Dad's family over for Thanksgiving last year.....in my lil apartment and there is about 10 of us! We all survived it and it was fun. Though feeling like sardines in a can, there are great memories. You will do it too! Have a Great time. Arty, I hope you guys have a great first Christmas with the little one! Kids make holiday memories unforgetable! It gets more fun every year.

~Rebecca~

Proudnurse:  Thanks!  I'm sure it will be great.  I joke about it, but in reality I am very thankful to be home to have everyone over this year, and for everyone to be relatively healthy and happy.  :)

Gramps said:
Working until the 27th.

Have a good one Gramps.  Hope all is well in the new home and with the family...Merry Ho Ho to you and yours from Halifax!

My family and I are flying to the deep south, Vancouver, for the holidays.  :cheers: 

have a Marry XMAS everyone!

R933ex said:
My family and I are flying to the deep south, Vancouver, for the holidays.  :cheers: 

have a Marry XMAS everyone!

Looking for snow.....are you?      ;D

weel you see its plus 3 in Yellowknife right now, so I need somewhere colder to go to!

We may be able to pick up some snow at the Boxing Day sales on Tuesday, here in Ottawa.  Until then, only rain.

Back