• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gym Question while on leave away from unit. Will cf reinburse cf member ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rider Pride said:
You can not be reimbursed for gym fees, regardless if you are on leave, TD or IR.

Upon what do you base this blanket statement?  It's not true at all.  It is situation dependent.

None of that matters to the OP as there are military facilities in Ottawa and the CF have free access to the YMCAs I posted earlier.

You can use any gym facility in the CF unless its a restricted area where the gym is. Just show your military ID to the commissionnaire and he should give you a pass to have access to the gym.
In Ottawa there's a gym at CFS Leitrim also that you can use and the YMCA downtown that I used a few times, as long as you show them your ID you should be good to go.
I don't think the military will pay for civilian access passes, that just wouldn't make sense.

Navigate said:
the YMCA downtown

As i mentioned earlier, the following YMCAs can be used free of charge by CF members :

Orleans YMCA - 265 Centrum Blvd, Orleans

Nepean YMCA - 1642 Merivale Road (Merivale mall)

Kanata YMCA  - 1000 Paladium drive, Kanata

Carlingwood YMCA - 200 Lockhart Ave, Ottawa

Navigate said:
I don't think the military will pay for civilian access passes, that just wouldn't make sense.

They will; they have; and, it does make sense in certain circumstances. One of those circumstances is your being positioned in a location where no CF facility exists.

ArmyVern said:
They will; they have; and, it does make sense in certain circumstances. One of those circumstances is your being positioned in a location where no CF facility exists.

That would make sense if your posted, but for this case, being on leave and in Ottawa there's more than enough locations with CF facilities they wouldn't pay to go to a civilian gym.

How many more times does it need to be said?  If you are in Ottawa, there are a number of YM/YWCAs where you can go for free - just show your ID card and sign in.  Geez....

Navigate said:
That would make sense if your posted, but for this case, being on leave and in Ottawa there's more than enough locations with CF facilities they wouldn't pay to go to a civilian gym.

And, I never said they would. My post is in response to the post about the "CF will not pay for gym memberships whenever/whereever" post.

This has gone right off the rails from where it started and is no longer useful to the OP.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back