• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Going to Meaford for BMQ, July, anybody else nervous???

I am getting all mine this tuesday. I didn't get mine when I was sword in but a few days later.

Hey, I just got the call 45 min ago!!  rather than starting a new thread, I'll just ask my question here.  I am going to the 4RCR recruiting office tuesday.  In the call, I was told that the summer course starts June 24th.  I have heard many times that it is July 4th.  I was just assuming that the 24th may just be a unit thing, for preBMQ?  I was cought off guard to have finally gotten the call so I didn't ask any questions, plus he seemed very busy, doing lots of calls I guess.

I could be wrong so if anyones knows the real answer then correct me. Pre BMQ for me starts this weekend the 18th. Then there is another session next weekend the 24th. The Pre BMQ for me is at Denison with my unit and it may be different for you. The BMQ for all new recruits starts the 4th. Like I said this is just was I got out of the info so I may be wrong.

McFarlane said:
Hey, I just got the call 45 min ago!!  rather than starting a new thread, I'll just ask my question here.  I am going to the 4RCR recruiting office tuesday.  In the call, I was told that the summer course starts June 24th.  I have heard many times that it is July 4th.  I was just assuming that the 24th may just be a unit thing, for preBMQ?  I was cought off guard to have finally gotten the call so I didn't ask any questions, plus he seemed very busy, doing lots of calls I guess.

There are many separate "serials" (courses) starting up during those timeframes. For example, I'm in "pre-SQ" right now and the rest of my course starts July 4th and finishes July 15th. Then July 18th it's BIQ until Aug 19th, then Stalwart Guardian Aug 20-28th... There are quite a few courses going through Meaford this summer... With hundreds (a thousands or so?) of troops!

Joe

Hello everyone!

I am heading to Kingston on the 26th of June for what Im guessing is the pre-BMQ, then I head back to Kingston after the long weekend.  I didnt really realize there was a base in Kingston though, could I have been mistaken on my training location? I am with the Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa.

On a slightly different note... has anyone recieved a list of what to bring / not to bring to BMQ?  Ive been told to bring something to pass the time and unwind, but is there anything that is prohibited? or that is recommended to bring?

thanks again,

Pte. (Nathan) Taylor

Back