• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gnr Keyes-Oliver - 30 Fd Regiment - Killed in Training Accident in Petawawa - 25 Oct 08

dapaterson

Army.ca Dinosaur
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
From the Ottawa Citizen website.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=bd628586-4937-42bc-95f2-0e577f2866ea

Reservist killed
Ottawa-based soldier dead, four others in serious condition after training accident at CFB Petawawa
The Ottawa Citizen
Published: Saturday, October 25, 2008

One soldier is dead and four others are in serious condition after a training accident at CFB Petawawa Saturday morning.

Around 10:30 a.m., a vehicle carrying 10 soldiers flipped during a military exercise.

Gunner Arielle Keyes-Oliver, a member of the 30th Field Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery, a reserve unit based in Ottawa, was killed. The wounded remain in hospital.

Base information officer Capt. Andrew Hennessy said the accident involved a Medium Logistics Vehicle Wheeled, or MLVW, the army's standard truck.

He added that it doesn't appear any other vehicles were involved in the accident on the sprawling military base 170 kilometres west of Ottawa.

CFB Petawawa Fire Department, Military Police and Renfrew County paramedics all responded to the accident.
The Canadian Forces National Investigation Service is investigating the incident.

RIP Gnr Keyes-Oliver, condolences to the family, friends, loved ones and Regimental Family of 30th Fd Regt (RCA).   :salute:

Speedy recoveries to 2Lt Ryan MacIntyre, Bdr Jordan Anstey, Bdr Frederic Koch, and Bdr Alexander Mullaly

Link to the story on this website.

RIP Gunner. Sincere condolences to the family, and the Regiment.

RIP, may your soul rest with your loved ones.

sincerely, JF

Condolences to the family, colleagues and friends...  :salute:

RIP, and condolences to the family.

And I hope the reporter who called the family flushes his head down the toilet, then has a word with himself. He could've waited 12 hours.

RIP GNR. Oliver and godspeed to the others injured for a speedy recovery.This really hits close to home as I spent 7 years with 30th Field in the 1990's and the regiment has lost a member of our family.

End of Mission, Gunner Keyes-Oliver.  Stand down and RIP.

Speedy recovery to the injured.

Rest Easy Gnr Keyes-Oliver. Thoughts and Prayers are with the family. :salute: :cdn:

Prayers for a speedy recovery for the injured as well.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family, Gunner Keyes-Oliver. I'm sure I speak for the entire Royal Regiment when I express my condolences to your family and wish a speedy recovery to the injured. Ubique and God speed to all of the injured.

This hits close to home; I used to be a Bytown Gunner and I have several friends in 30th Fd. The names of those who were involved sound very familiar. My condolences to Gnr Keyes-Oliver's friends and family. A speedy recovery to those who where injured.

Absolutely tragic

Gnr Keyes-Oliver, End of Mission, Stand Easy, Rest

My sincere condolences to those who have suffered this loss, and hope for full recovery to the injured

our deepest condolences to the family and friends of Gnr Keyes-Oliver and a speedy and full recovery to the wounded.  Ubique        :salute: :cdn:

Gnr Keyes-Oliver -  End of Mission, Stand Easy. Thank you for your service to the Guns; wishing peace for your family.

Godspeed to the injured

Ubique

:cdn:

Stand Easy
The din of combat swirls, deafening noise, acrid smoke
Familiar, long awaited voice exclaims "End of mission!"
Guns silent, peace and calm set in
"Rounds on target, mission complete" the soothing voice spoke
Stand easy, your toil is complete
Slowly settling down, resting weary feet
All is still and halcyon
Stand easy, carry on

-Andrew Richardson

In memory of Gunner Keyes-Oliver.

Anyone know if she paraded with the 11th Field in Guelph back in May/June?
There was a Pte Keyes-Oliver in my troop when I started in late May..

Very sad-my deepest sympathies to all that knew and loved her.

Regretably this latest fatality in the wider Forces family comes as I am about to be interviewed Mon for our company paper "Connections" on my thoughts as to 11 Nov as a "veteran"(I certainly do not call myself that)-and Friday aft I emailed the interviewer a few thoughts, one of which was the large number of Canadians that have given their lives  in the service of the Nation, albeit not in a war zone, and thus are not remembered in quite the same light as for eg our Afghan heroes,  if at all. These people are also deseving of remembrance, I knew quite a few who gave their all over the course of my career...

Back