• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Getting passed the uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopefulA.B.

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi. Please don't take this as offence,

I do want to join the army, but one thing sort of stands in my way, besides all the standard things.

I went to a base schol in Jr high from grade 7 to 8 1/2, and was ruthlessly bullyed everyday... How do I get passed the uniform? You know what I mean? It's like a connection in my head between soldiers and bullying. It doesn't help, that what started that, was my dad saying one day, that soldiers don't like people who are diffrent. (He use to have army friends when he was a young adalt or whenever.)

Any ideas? Thanks.

Let me get this straight (and I'm serious, as in not being sarcastic/condescending or anything in any way)...

You were in high school and were bullied, and CF members did the bullying?  Or did other students (with parents in the CF) do the bullying?  Did you think that the parents were OK with it, or even knew about it? 

The CF is a cross-section of society as well as a team, no matter how cliche that sounds.  Being bullied by a fellow soldier/sailor/airman/airwoman when you may be the person that saves their life doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, right?  As for "soldiers not liking people who are different", that may have been the case before, but you'll find that besides the shorter haircuts and adherence to timings, CF members aren't really that different than the rest of Canada.  I, for one (and I'm sure most people who know me will agree) don't think I'm a stereotypical jarhead.

My  :2c:

HopefulA.B. said:
Hi. Please don't take this as offence,

I do want to join the army, but one thing sort of stands in my way, besides all the standard things.

I went to a base schol in Jr high from grade 7 to 8 1/2, and was ruthlessly bullyed everyday... How do I get passed the uniform? You know what I mean? It's like a connection in my head between soldiers and bullying. It doesn't help, that what started that, was my dad saying one day, that soldiers don't like people who are diffrent. (He use to have army friends when he was a young adalt or whenever.)

Any ideas? Thanks.

Ok, so going through your post history.... you seriously need to get some help for your issues before you consider applying. Sort them out, or they are either going to get you denied or cause you all sorts of problems in the CF. Its not daycamp, the CF is a stressful place and not for people with deep, unresolved issues. Every couple days you're posting about your mental health issues and whether you can get over them, you won't find solace on the internet. Find a professional and let them help you. My  :2c:

Dimsum said:
Let me get this straight (and I'm serious, as in not being sarcastic/condescending or anything in any way)...

You were in high school and were bullied, and CF members did the bullying?  Or did other students (with parents in the CF) do the bullying?  Did you think that the parents were OK with it, or even knew about it? 

I was bullyed in Jr high, and the kids mostly had parents in the CF.

"Ok, so going through your post history.... you seriously need to get some help for your issues before you consider applying. Sort them out, or they are either going to get you denied or cause you all sorts of problems in the CF. Its not daycamp, the CF is a stressful place and not for people with deep, unresolved issues. Every couple days you're posting about your mental health issues and whether you can get over them, you won't find solace on the internet. Find a professional and let them help you."

You got me mixed up with the wrong person if you think I've been osting about my mental health every couple of days... Come on... And for the most part, I have gotten past the stress, It was an honest question... Not some mental health thing that you turned it in too...

"The fact that your bullies were children of CF members I believe has nothing to do with this at all. ( unless they instructed their children to bully you, which I doubt )"

Thankf. Yes, I'm older now, and I can make that connection. Ok... I'll figure something out, but I'm getting passed it.

HopefulA.B. said:
I was bullyed in Jr high, and the kids mostly had parents in the CF.

So what does that have to do with your original "problem" ?

Not some mental health thing that you turned it in too...

Sure, sure....

http://Forums.Army.ca/forums/threads/105691/post-1139015.html#msg1139015

Thankf. Yes, I'm older now, and I can make that connection.

Since your original question was "how do i get past the uniform", you quite obviously have not made "that connection".

Are you ready to be ruthlessly bullied again?

You post about wanting to join an organization whose uniforms traumatize you, then get offended because of the terminology used to tell you to sort out your head. News flash -- what you describe IS a mental health issue.

But sadly (for me), I too went through your posts. You talk about your past cutting, claim to want to study Psychology in order to be a Social Worker (despite the website saying must have a BSW and accepted into a MSW program, not Psych), notwithstanding you don't even meet the bare minimum highschool requirement for the CF, then ask about Boatswain....in order to somehow decide that you want to be Infantry.
:stars:

From your posts, here's the bit you'll probably take as bullying......don't waste the Recruiter's time.

Infantry is overborne (that means we have too many). You won't get in given your non-competitive status. From what you've posted, and how you've attempted to say it, you won't be selected as any sort of an officer, let alone one requiring a graduate degree, as per your "back up plan."

Stop your delusions of having a career in the CF and move on with your life. Your future is not with us.

I have also read a lot of threads from this person that would lead me to believe they potentially have mental health issues. Mild or severe, I feel that it is important to address these issues as soon as possible, not only for career potential, but for overall health in general.
Mental health is now recognized as common, and treatable. The stigma that was formerly attributed to this type of illness or injury is quickly becoming a thing of the past. Many, many people have some form of mental health issue, be it a naturally occurring illness, a physical or occupational stress injury, or PTSD. Many people also seek treatment and are readily “curable”. But the first step is to admit that you might need to talk to someone. The second is to call your family doctor or local priest/minister/rabbi/imam/guru, (one, not all, whoever you are most comfortable seeking help from) and tell them that you would like to talk to someone.

Journeyman said:
From your posts, here's the bit you'll probably take as bullying......don't waste the Recruiter's time.

Stop your delusions of having a career in the CF and move on with your life. Your future is not with us.

I whole hardheartedly concur.
With the up most respect, the Canadian Forces are not for you.

By continuing to attempt to join you are wasting the time of the recruiters. Wasting your own time. And, should you pass all the trials and actually make it in (which you probably would thanks to CFRC) you'll be creating a burden on the Canadian Forces.

There is no dishonour in recognizing the military is not for you- only joining under false pretenses and creating an administrative burden of yourself, which you are primed to do.

HopefulA.B. said:
You got me mixed up with the wrong person if you think I've been osting about my mental health every couple of days... Come on... And for the most part, I have gotten past the stress, It was an

Some of  your earlier posts were about mental health issues - your own in fact.  You brought up you were a cutter and were concerned about whether or not you'd be allowed in.  You were worried about whetehr or not you'd be allowed to have music available as it's your main stress release.  Then you start about this bullying bit - my guess, likely what lead to the cutting, or at least some of it, not to mention that it seems to be causing some angst for you regarding people in uniform and them possibly being in authority over you.

Pedantic/semantic tangent - are you trying to get "passed" the uniform as in having it handed to you or "past" it as in beyond the problem?  The two words mean two completely different things...just confuses my poor brain when I see that.  As a head's up - if you write like that at even an undergrad level in university, you'll be getting mercilessly bullied by your profs.

MM

Gys, it was just a question I needed help on... Now you people say that I'm going to waste to recruiters time? What the heck? I CAN and WILL get pasted stuff... You don't know me...

HopefulA.B. said:
Gys, it was just a question I needed help on... Now you people say that I'm going to waste to recruiters time? What the heck? I CAN and WILL get pasted stuff... You don't know me...

Your age is showing. Maybe move this to the "dumbest thing heard today" thread?

Don't flame me...
  Age is showing? How old dpo you think I am exactly? I feel that you guys have just taken my posts, and twisted them to something you want, when in truth, they had nothing to do with each other... So what if I wa exploring some options. What does that have to do with myquestion on here?

Anyways, I think I'm done with this thread, it's going no where... Just some stupid stuff on it...

HopefulA.B. said:
Don't flame me...
  Age is showing? How old dpo you think I am exactly? I feel that you guys have just taken my posts, and twisted them to something you want, when in truth, they had nothing to do with each other... So what if I wa exploring some options. What does that have to do with myquestion on here?

Anyways, I think I'm done with this thread, it's going no where... Just some stupid stuff on it...

Judging by your attitude and inability to type even one post with proper spelling, I'd say around 15-17? If you're older than that you should really do some looking inwards before you worry about the military. People are judged by their words and actions. I don't have any examples of you doing anything, so I can only go on what you say. Explore all the options you like, but I can tell you that you should not waste the recruiters time. Maybe in a few years when you mature a bit, and sort out your personal problems you can think about it. Right now, definitely no.

HopefulA.B. said:

Taking your ball and going home because you didn't hear what you wanted to hear? Life's tough like that, life in the CF is tougher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back