• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

General Questions...

• Thread starter Thread starter Elston
  • Start date Start date
E

Elston

Just some general questions for experienced soldiers...

1. How much longer do I have to wait for my file to be processed at Borden?(It‘s been 2 months)

2. I signed up for full-time and chose PPCLI, so I have combat training after basic. How long do I have to wait between the two?

3. I smoke, is that going to cause any problems for me in the military?

4. I have been told I can finish my high school credits (9 1/2) in the military. Has anyone done this before? And how much time will I get to myself to do the work?

QUIT SMOKING NOW!!!!!
:evil:
Trust me it‘ll save you much grief on your courses, and a whole bunch of money later.
:gunner:

1. How much longer do I have to wait for my file to be processed at Borden?(It‘s been 2 months)
Keep waiting, and get used to long waits, the army is notorious for them. Depending on many factors, it could take up to another year until you‘re actually on ground, being paid as a soldier.

2. I signed up for full-time and chose PPCLI, so I have combat training after basic. How long do I have to wait between the two?
You don‘t have "combat training" after basic. First off, Basic Training is now two courses: the BMQ (Basic Military Qualification) and the SQ (soldier qualification). After that you have the Basic Infantry Qualification course. You may get to do all 3 back to back, or you may have to wait a year between each course. It depends on a lot of factors.

3. I smoke, is that going to cause any problems for me in the military?
Yes, quite a few problems, outside of the obvious health and financial problems. It would really, really, really be in your best interest to quit as soon as possible.

4. I have been told I can finish my high school credits (9 1/2) in the military. Has anyone done this before? And how much time will I get to myself to do the work?
Since you may be waiting quite a long time for your application to come through, you may want to think about picking up those extra credits NOW. Once you‘re in, getting the time off needed to complete high school is very difficult. Get it done now! The army will still be there, go back to school and finish off.

cobat_medic;

Thank-you very much Sir for taking the time to answer my questions. I will follow-up on your suggestions. Taking from your experience they are educated and most likey accurate. I‘m looing forward to a career in the military. Whoo-wa!

First off, Basic Training is now two courses: the BMQ (Basic Military Qualification) and the SQ (soldier qualification). After that you have the Basic Infantry Qualification course. You may get to do all 3 back to back, or you may have to wait a year between each course. It depends on a lot of factors.
Are you sure that‘s valid information for Regular Force? My final briefing before Basic is tomorrow, but all the information I‘ve seen so far has just indicated 10 weeks of Basic Recruit Training, then 16 weeks of Infantry.

5 weeks = BMQ
5 weeks = SQ

make more sense now?
If you don‘t know what you are talking about, do not invent stuff to make yourself interesting !!!
BMQ is ten (10) weeks long for ALL RegF personnel. It is followed by SQ (soldier‘s qualification) for all ARMY personnel, then MOC trg. Total trg time is just over 6 months.
Now, use the search engine on the board and you will find plenty of info about this.

Jungle, I wasn‘t inventing things to make myself sound interesting. Those were the numbers I was given when I was in WATC, and was told the duration of the BMQ/SQ was the same as the reserve portion. If I was misinformed, I apologize, but I‘m not pulling random stuff out of thin air.

What Medic was referring to was the reserve courses, which are typically much shorter then their Regular counterparts!

I signed up for full-time and chose PPCLI, so I have combat training after basic
Troops, Basic Bound is going RegF... Pay attention to details.
Have a good weekend !!! ;)

Glad to see jungle has his head FIRMLY outside of his 4th Point of Contact ;)

Side Note: I was in the recruting office yesterday and man how disappointed was i to see the physical condition of the Recruting Pte there whoowee

Back