• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gagetown and the summer course

Roofus

Inactive
Reaction score
This summer after completing BMQ and SQ im going to Gagtown for Combat Engineering for 8 weeks. Because I am in the BMQ/SQ co op, I do not know what the food is like and how often you eat doing a normal course...
I have a few questions about the DP1 (i believe its called) in Gagetown:

I lift weights, I love lifting and I am a pretty decent size, but I want to keep the muscle... the best way to loose muscle is to not eat alot and too not weight train...

what I am wondering is it posible to lift weights when im there?

Whats the eating like and how often can I eat? Can I bring protein powder?

I've never been to Gagetown (I'm hoping to go there this summer as OPFOR) but from what I know of the military is that on course you're given 3 square meals a day. Eating, especially on an physically demanding course like the Engineer QL3 is very important, you need all the calories you can get. 

The base does have a gym I do know that, but I don't know if you'll have the time or desire to go and lift weights after a long day of work (and PT)

As far as the protein powder goes, I don't think it would be allowed since you are on course after all.

You shouldn't worry so much about what you'll eat, focus on more important things like PT.

You going For engineer training this summer? where abouts you from? i'm leaving next month for it

Meals will be a combination of hayboxes, box lunches and, mess hall.....

For RETS Courses this will be:

haybox breakfast in the tent lines with up to 200 of your closest friends

lunch will be box lunch..... watch out for the mock chicken

supper will be in the mess hall may or may not have lots of time to eat again with about 1000 or so of your closest friends...

As for the gym.... forget about it you won't have time.... don't worry I can make sure that there are some bridge parts there for you to lift.... ;D

Back