• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

from NCI OP to infantry

gtf2

Inactive
Reaction score
I signed up as NCI OP I m currently finishing my 11th week at CFLRS. I had exellent results on my CF express(12 beep test, 45 push ups, 62 sit ups) and C7 shooting test. I would like to transfer from NCI Op to infantry. What are my chances?

I'm not even sure what an NCI Op is.

But I can tell you it doesn't sound as fun an exciting as the infantry.

You're physically fit and you want to be in the infantry, that's all you need. Who cares about your"chances".
Do it.  Put a memo in and tell them you want to be in the infantry.

I don't know if you have read anything about Infantry positions, but right now the Infantry is very limited in how many people it is accepting.  So I would not count on being excepted, but try and put the memo in.  The worst they can do is say no, but just don't get your hopes up.

NCIOP is good - It's Navy. How can it not be good!
That said, you might want to talk to someone more formally at CFFSE (I assume that is where  NCI Op QL3 is done - someone correct me if I am wrong here).
There is an awful lot of exciting things on the horizon for the Navy - You may want to think this one out...Chief's opinion only.

gtf2 said:
I signed up as NCI OP I m currently finishing my 11th week at CFLRS. I had exellent results on my CF express(12 beep test, 45 push ups, 62 sit ups) and C7 shooting test. I would like to transfer from NCI Op to infantry. What are my chances?

Your second post asking the exact same question has been removed as per Forum Guidelines. That said, you signed a contract to be  an NCIOP (Naval Combat Information  Operator for Grimaldus). This is from the BPSOs site here in Halifax regarding OTs:

Members applying for transfer must meet the following prerequisites:

Time in Service - Must have completed 48 months of continuous service by 31 Dec of the application year - service in the Primary Reserve is to be included, if no break in service has occurred).

Medical - Must meet the minimum medical standards for the MOSID for which application is made. The applicant's medical category must be awarded or confirmed within the 12 month period prior to the competition closing date;

Trade Qualification - Must be QL4 qualified in current MOSID; and

Rank - Only Ptes/AB, Cpls/LS and those MCpls/MS and above who are prepared to relinquish their appointment or rank.

Milnet.Ca Staff

Ex-Dragoon said:
Your second post asking the exact same question has been removed as per Forum Guidelines. That said, you signed a contract to be  an NCIOP (Naval Combat Information  Operator for Grimaldus). This is from the BPSOs site here in Halifax regarding OTs:

I may be off base here, but isn't there something called "trade reassignment" for people not yet trade qualified?  (OP states is just finished week 11 at BMQ).  Although, I would imagine that could be difficult to get without good reason.

Its not WRT OT, it is about reg's for Reassignment.

IAW CFAO 11-12, a Pte who is not QL3 qualified is entitled to request a MOC Reassignment.

Additionally, the BTAGs (Basic Trg List Admin Guide) amplify that with:

- a NCM can also request a Voluntary Occupation Reassignment (VOR) if they have commenced QL3 trg and are "25% or more, but less than 75% complete" of the QL3 course (seriously, its in the BTAGs, vetted it last week for someone).

Aside from the entitlement to apply, many other things come into play (strength of current/desired MOCs, CFAT scores, Med Cat, etc) SO...the best advice you can be given is to submit a memo requesting your MOC Reassignment and appointment with the PSO (Personnel Selection Officer) before your QL3 start date, or if you are already on QL3, to wait until you hit that "more than 25%, less the 75% complete", and submit your memo requesting VOR and a PSO appointment to your Course CofC.

There is no quaruntee you will get it, however you can't be stopped from applying (or, well you shouldn't be).

If the OP is serious, you might want to get a copy of applic regs (CFAO 11-12 and BTAGs) and talk to your immediate supervisor sooner than later.

Reassignment is one of those things most people never hear of or deal with unless they are at CFLRS, or QL3 level MOC TEs, PSO office, its a pretty uncommon portion of the CF outside those specific org's IMO.  Its just part of my 'UFI stash'. 

Many thanks to those that have clarified the Guidelines more WRT OT.

Back