• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom of Expression?

• Thread starter MAJOR_Baker
  • Start date
"By publicly linking his private, discriminatory views of homosexuality with his status and professional judgment as a teacher and secondary school counsellor, the appellant called into question his own preparedness to be impartial in the fulfilment of his professional and legal obligations to all students, as well as the impartiality of the school system," the judge wrote.
I think this states most of the just of the situation. Had he published as Joe Citizen and not as a Teacher of Such And Such he would have been okey. Seeing as he brought into play his profession, he changed the playing field. As is, I am still surprised that he wasn‘t charged under the new ‘Hate‘ Law with publishing his views on homosexuality.

Where will it end?

GW

nbk,
I think Bruce pretty much showed that your statements are just as ignorant as you insinuate some right wing viewpoints to be. :rolleyes:

In my opinion, Mr. Kempling shouldn‘t be signing his letters as a teacher, but as an everyday citizen. By referring to his position as a teacher he made the mistake of bringing his own opinions to the class room. His job as a teacher is to provide and discuss diverse viewpoints and let students decide for themselves. This is fundamental to the position of teaching on any level and is blatantly ignored by many teachers and professors. And this is the reason why so many students come out of college and university with book read, baseless arguments.

Back